Dealing with piracy on android

Ideas and discussion about publishing and distributing your games

Post » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:44 am

I've released my game, but only on iOS as a premium app, rather than free with ads. The reason I haven't posted an android version yet is because withtout ads(I have no idea which path or plugin will be obsolete if I tried to now after how seemingly impossible just getting a working wrapper was. :( It's literally a miracle the game is functioning at all.)without ads, and as just a paid premium game, you'll find it for free on a foreign website in no time.

A premium game isn't so bad on iOS due to all its restrictions, but on android, your basically asking for your game to be pirated to a million foreign pirate sites for free. At least if its already free with ads, it lessens the impact, since I hear the ads will still work even in other countries. I don't know, I'll probably cave and just let it be and move on to the next game.

Post » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:30 am

You will find, if people like your game and it is good they will buy it. Piracy is not much of an issue. If anything, it could help sales with people trying before they buy it.

Really I wouldn't worry about it. You are only hurting yourself by not releasing and worrying about the piracy.
If you are looking for solutions and workarounds to the Windows 10 C2 performance issues feel free to reach out to me.

Following rexrainbow's lead - Goodbye.

Return to Distribution and Publishing