Debug High FPS Drop on Inspect Tab

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:13 pm

Problem Description
I don't know if other game developers noticed this but when debugging Games, the Debugger in the Inspect Tab causes high FPS drop depending on how many object are in the project (Don't be confused with objects inside the layout). Even when if there are few instances in the layout or no object at all, if the Game has many objects in the Projects Bar, The Inspect Tab causes high FPS Drop but the Profiler or Watch Tab always show 59 - 60 FPS (sometimes 61 when few are moving)

Attach a Capx
____ Not Necessarily, any game template will do. ____

Description of Capx
____ Not Necessarily, any game template will do ____

Steps to Reproduce Bug
  • Import many sprites, plugins or tiled background (about 100)
  • Debug Layout
  • Select Inspect Tab ---> The FPS drops dramatically but in the Profiler Tab or Watch Tab especially when empty shows 59-60 FPS. (61 when nothing is really moving)

Observed Result
The FPS drops dramatically in the Inspect Tab (about 15 to 45 FPS) but in the Profiler Tab or Watch Tab especially when empty(Empty List) shows 59-60 FPS. (61 when nothing is really moving)

Expected Result
The FPS in the Inspect Tab should be the same with the Profiler Tab or Watch Tab or whichever is accurate in FPS rate.

Affected Browsers
  • Chrome: (Yes)
  • FireFox: (Yes)
  • Internet Explorer: (Of Course)
  • Node-WebKit: (Yes)

Operating System and Service Pack
____ Windows 8.1 64-bit & Windows 10 64-bit ____

Construct 2 Version ID
____ Construct 2 beta release r219 & r218 --> below ____
Last edited by chadorireborn on Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:14 pm

Yes I am having it too just recently noticed it, using firefox.
Brick by brick, stone by stone.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:16 pm

Solomon wrote:Yes I am having it too just recently noticed it, using firefox.

Yeah, good to know that many game developers are noticing it too. ( Showing interest for a fix)
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:19 pm

I doubt this is a bug.
The debug inspect tab is doing significantly more work so a drop is not unusual.

See post from Ashley HERE.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:52 pm

zenox98 wrote:I doubt this is a bug.
The debug inspect tab is doing significantly more work so a drop is not unusual.

See post from Ashley HERE.

Okay thanks, but I still hope this gets fixed.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:40 pm

Debuggers often have a high performance overhead, with any technology, so this is pretty much to be expected. Closing as won't fix. You should also attach a .capx with every bug report as per the requirements.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:16 pm

@chadorireborn Usually seperating the debug tab from the game preview window results in better performance.
(But you have to manually seperate it every time you want to debug it...)
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Return to Closed bugs