Debug High FPS Drop on Inspect Tab

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Create a game inspired by great arcade classics as Operation Wolf
  • Problem Description

I don't know if other game developers noticed this but when debugging Games, the Debugger in the Inspect Tab causes high FPS drop depending on how many object are in the project (Don't be confused with objects inside the layout). Even when if there are few instances in the layout or no object at all, if the Game has many objects in the Projects Bar, The Inspect Tab causes high FPS Drop but the Profiler or Watch Tab always show 59 - 60 FPS (sometimes 61 when few are moving)

Attach a Capx

____ Not Necessarily, any game template will do. ____

Description of Capx

____ Not Necessarily, any game template will do ____

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Import many sprites, plugins or tiled background (about 100)
    • Debug Layout
    • Select Inspect Tab ---> The FPS drops dramatically but in the Profiler Tab or Watch Tab especially when empty shows 59-60 FPS. (61 when nothing is really moving)

Observed Result

The FPS drops dramatically in the Inspect Tab (about 15 to 45 FPS) but in the Profiler Tab or Watch Tab especially when empty(Empty List) shows 59-60 FPS. (61 when nothing is really moving)

Expected Result

The FPS in the Inspect Tab should be the same with the Profiler Tab or Watch Tab or whichever is accurate in FPS rate.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (Yes)
    • FireFox: (Yes)
    • Internet Explorer: (Of Course)
    • Node-WebKit: (Yes)

Operating System and Service Pack

____ Windows 8.1 64-bit & Windows 10 64-bit ____

Construct 2 Version ID

____ Construct 2 beta release r219 & r218 --> below ____

• Yes I am having it too just recently noticed it, using firefox.

• Yes I am having it too just recently noticed it, using firefox.

Yeah, good to know that many game developers are noticing it too. ( Showing interest for a fix)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I doubt this is a bug.

The debug inspect tab is doing significantly more work so a drop is not unusual.

See post from Ashley HERE.

• I doubt this is a bug.

The debug inspect tab is doing significantly more work so a drop is not unusual.

See post from Ashley HERE.

Okay thanks, but I still hope this gets fixed.

• Debuggers often have a high performance overhead, with any technology, so this is pretty much to be expected. Closing as won't fix. You should also attach a .capx with every bug report as per the requirements.

• Usually seperating the debug tab from the game preview window results in better performance.

(But you have to manually seperate it every time you want to debug it...)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)