Re: December update

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:13 pm

[quote="alee":2c4rku3f]RICH ZOMG GIEF ONLIEN PLUGIN.[/quote:2c4rku3f]
Agreed!
B
G

Post » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:37 am

Yeah like that cut out animation thing...man I wish I had known about that program before...I could have used that instead of programming a new behavior :P
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:38 am

[quote="David":1wq432zi]Yeah like that cut out animation thing...man I wish I had known about that program before...I could have used that instead of programming a new behavior :P[/quote:1wq432zi]

Anime Studio? The free version is pretty much completely worthless, so I'm glad you programmed a new behavior. :P
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:41 am

[quote="David":2tv5sqds]Yeah like that cut out animation thing...man I wish I had known about that program before...I could have used that instead of programming a new behavior :P[/quote:2tv5sqds]

Nah, don't say that. Anime Studio is nothing like the behavior you're making. It's just a program that makes (typically simple and rather primitive looking) cartoons using cardboard cutouts.

Here's a typical example of an animation it can make:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3Q-6M-UM0w

Here's a not so typical example video using the pro version (this person really put time into this one):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjmMuMhRvFo

Anyway, it can't really be used for anything that would be usable in an actual game. Unless, of coarse, you wanted to make a cutscene with it.

Now the bone movement behavior you mentioned in the update, man, that's something else. I'm already envisioning making a 2D version of Toribash with it or even some ragdoll physics. Would that be possible with the new behavior? If so, that is amazing. Or sounds amazing anyway, I can't wait to try it out and see what it can do.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:40 am

[quote="machrider":3ugtc3k7]It's just a program that makes (typically simple and rather primitive looking) cartoons using cardboard cutouts.[/quote:3ugtc3k7]

Anime Studio is just a tool like any other. The work you get out of it pretty much equals the work you put in. The examples you posted are proof of that, not of Anime Studio's capabilities.

[quote="machrider":3ugtc3k7]Anyway, it can't really be used for anything that would be usable in an actual game.[/quote:3ugtc3k7]

You could make sprites with it :D
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:17 pm

edited for protection
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:00 am

[quote="deadeye":23ec9tzh]You could make sprites with it :D[/quote:23ec9tzh]

Well, yeah. But then it would no longer be bone based, it would just be a sprite. A rigid sprite with no controllable bones at all, just prerendered frames of animation (which kinda defeats the whole purpose).
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:19 am

I know, I was just saying you could ;)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:36 am

Yes but creating each individual part, and skinning the bones, is no different than doing the same in some tweening program, then importing the animation. Your still going to have to set up what you want to happen before you get any results. The bones system just keeps you from having to use expensive software.

There's really only two differences between the two. Using an animation package you can adjust each individual image from within the software, then using the bones you can make adjustments to the motions from within the software.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:49 am

I know, I was just saying you could ;)
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion