Decision of general principle xD

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Enlist the menacing fleet commander of the galactic star force in your next game audio production.
  • So, I was listening to this cool new podcast and as a side-effect got curious about the word "construct".

I heard two different syllable stresses: construct and construct. Now from the dictionaries I learned that the first is the noun, while the latter is the verb.

Of course, someone like me just has to know what you all interpret "construct" to be: the verb or the noun? I always stressed the first syllable

And how about you, Ashley and Tom, was the noun on your mind or the verb, when the software was created some 8 or so years ago? I'm pretty sure that nowadays you don't really care, but how was it back then?

• In my British accent I say construct (does the underlining make sense? ), but obviously different people have different accents! There's not the one true way to speak...

• I've always thought as the definition 'feeling' more like a noun, rather than a verb, as in "a complex idea resulting from a synthesis of simpler ideas".

This just feels right to me, as the software allows you to use the simplistic event system to create quite complex outcomes.

• tulamide I love dumb stuff like this. heh..

I'm American, I say CONstruct as well.

I think of it as a noun just because it's software. conSTRUCT would seem really weird to me.

• I just call it Seetoo.

• tulamide, I hope it's not my accent that made you doubt on how you should say construct. Now that I think about it, I don't even know how I say it... *imagine me saying construct out loud, 20 times, in front of my computer* I think I say CONstruct.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Now I am going to be totally thinking about this on our next podcast. Thanks a lot

• Thank you all for sharing it with me! I really am just curious. Yes, sometimes I'm coming around the corner with some weird stuff

Now I am going to be totally thinking about this on our next podcast. Thanks a lot

I would love to say I'm sorry. But truth is, I'm not!

• I said construct until I remembered that yes, construct is the noun and construct is the verb. Using the verb made more sense to me, until I heard someone else say it construct and then I was confused and so now I say both interchangeably!

I vote for official pronunciation as construct. ;D

• I shall call it C2 from here on out.

• I vote for official pronunciation as construct. ;D

Me too

I shall call it C2 from here on out.

So you're following the anarchistic path of newt?

But remember, that's two syllables as well. So, will it be seetoo or seetoo?

• Const struct too

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)