Let's get straight to the point.
The game was bad. BUT I assume it only because you are still underaged and new with Construct.
In http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/adve ... mark/1291/
you say that;
"the graphics are a bit cutesy, and [u:pq3l6wsm]a lot of the focus is on action[/u:pq3l6wsm], rather than story or something else."
I played the game (with a great pain) to phase 7, I did not find any of this action! Where did you hid this action!
But let's get on to ways you could improve your game. First of all, there are lot's of bugs and mistakes. I made a list of some of them below.
- When you are close to the game area's border and moving, the player animation does not change sometimes.
- You didn't tell me that I had to press enter when entering new area.
- Mostly I feel the music is making my head explode, and more than once I though my computer was freezing. Also there isn't mention where did you get, or who made your music and sound files.
- Why the controls must be on opposite side of keyboard? I mean there's only 2 buttons, don't put that far away from each others. I think people can remember that A button is (A)ction anyway... Change controls for example to Crtl and Shift or A and S
- Player should know where to go without arrows on ground.
- More variety to the background, e.g. plants, rocks...
- You can make the white apple monster (second charecter in game), grow infinite size by eating apples, and leaving room, and coming back again and eating apples and so on.
- In phase 3 first zombie (grey face, brown dress) moves through wall. Though he might be a ghost or something.
- It's very irritating that player's animation change from side animation to top-down picture when moving different directions.
Also there are some problems in level design, like when you leave from the game's first room you go LEFT. Then you appear to next room from RIGHT side. And the same other way. This makes remembering game's world/map a bit harder and it's confusing.
One big mistake in the hole game is that [u:pq3l6wsm]it's too easy[/u:pq3l6wsm] to go around those enemies who keep moving in a circle or moving on a line.
MAKE IT HARDER! People get bored, if you don't make your game challenging. But, don't make it hard in a bad way, like the flamethrower guy, how appears on the screen so fast, you don't have much change to avoid him if you see him first time (Reflex games are another thing).
Though I wasn't sure where all of the NPCs enemies... I was afraid to touch them, because I didn't want to start from to beginning. If the game saves at some point, you should tell that to the player somehow!
On a positive side, I though the game was a bit scary on some levels, like in phase 6 and in fact in all of them.
I quited on phase 7. Slowly I get up from my chair, shooked my head and I felt I had to rest a while on my bed.
I was glad it was over.
Still there remained questions without answers.
Who was I?
Why people where vanishing me with their bare touch?
Thoughts swirling on my head...
Should I have talked to the scary girls? What those ladies where doing there? Who was that guy with a flamethrower?
...I fall asleep holding me pillow tight against my chest, thinking, just maybe, just maybe I should have rescued those poor little girls.
That and answer to many more question I may never find out.