Delay probs

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:27 pm

Ok thanks :) Now it's up to Kan to pick the code he needs/wants :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:59 pm

It's cool to be called Kan. People do never call me like that though I want them to do so! :lol:
The thing is I have another pseudo somewhere else, plus a few actual names so...
Well, anyway.

I continued with the first way (pick closest and reverse events order) and the game's been released.
I guess I'll let you have it : http://butor.com/resource.do?uid=1292646405489

Go Construct go!

[color=#FF8040:1oytu1tb]Kan[/color:1oytu1tb]
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:35 pm

[quote:2h9o54hz]It's cool to be called Kan. People do never call me like that though I want them to do so![/quote:2h9o54hz]

It's the only name i know you by... :roll:

I tried the game, and it's nice, but i really suck at playing it... xD

That tiny ball got me all "WTF"!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:41 am

Lol. Of course. What else but Kan? :-D

I can't do anything if you suck at playing it :wink: , but I can recommend you avoid the fire bar bonus; as you may have seen (dunno if that's what you meant 'tiny ball'), the ball will shrink every time it hits the bar, until it has completely disappeared (which resolve your problem cause both bar and ball with be reseted :) ).
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:32 am

Yup, that's what i was talking about.

I never played much breakout style games...

Are you working on something else now?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:09 pm

I didn't play much myself, but the one I mostly played was in the late Sierra's Hoyle Puzzle Games (which included Contraptions : The Incredible Machine too)

Actualy, I'm making an advent calendar composed of little games. One new every day. It's the second year I do so, but the games aren't petty long or big. I expect this breakout to be one of the biggest.
And as it, I plan to reuse it to make more levels and publish a second version on another day in december too.

What're you doing right now? :-)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:54 pm

[quote:3ua2xa1e]
Actualy, I'm making an advent calendar composed of little games.[/quote:3ua2xa1e]

Ah, nice idea :) Leaves room for a lot of code re-use ;)

I'm more a Survival horror/Adventure/RPG/weird stuff kind of guy :)

So i'm trying to make some survival horror, inspired by Clock Tower (snes). So, it's not a ghost shooter remake xD , and it's side view.
Actually, it'll probably be more adventure/horror, i don't even plan on making weapons. Never been a fan of shooting games.

Ok, it's my 1st game, so don't expect miracles :) I know what i want though, but now i've run into a dumb 3DBox clipping issue -_- Goota fix that or hide it...
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:51 pm

Oh, I like RPGs and Adventures too. Well, as my avatar shows, I'm a fan of Zelda. :-D
I don't like shooting games either.

Actualy, when a game begins to have lots of coding, I get lost and forget it. :-/
I'd like to make big games, but lots of them are still waiting for bugs resolve, time, and motivation. ;-D

But there are people who can program or modelise 3D things for hours, without getting lost, tired or bored. Maybe you're a person like that. Then, as my friend, you'll succeed in doing any kind of thing on a computer. Though if you're like me, you may need a certain amount of luck to be able to finish the making of med-size game without getting crazy! ;-)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:46 pm

Well, i like to learn new things :)
But my biggest drawback in making this game is my lack of comprehension of mathematics... i'm more a litterary/art/music person, so mathematics are ... errrrm.
Programming is ok, as long as it doesn't involve horrible equations :\

now, i'll just see where it will go! it sounds fun to code (somewhat simple) Enemy AI (errr? kill kill) :lol:

Even though i'm using placeholders (Like Jennifer From clock tower haha) for graphics, maybe i should some screenies sometime? I don't know...
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:39 am

I don't like maths that much either. I don't like maths, but I'm good at them.
Same for french. ;-D
People also told me I was good at teaching. But I don't like that at all. In a classroom or such, I feel like I know, and like they know nothing. Very boring.

But AI sounds cool actualy. Though, I don't ever notice it when I make so! ;-D It just seems like a bunch of events in an event group, as always. ;-)

Have fun with maths in game creation cause...that's probably the only place where you'd need things like how to calculate the area of an octogonal pyramid. I mean, really, we learned so much of those totaly useless things. We could have learned them only when - and if - we actualy wanted to make video games! :-D
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic