Delay probs

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:39 am

I don't like maths that much either. I don't like maths, but I'm good at them.
Same for french. ;-D
People also told me I was good at teaching. But I don't like that at all. In a classroom or such, I feel like I know, and like they know nothing. Very boring.

But AI sounds cool actualy. Though, I don't ever notice it when I make so! ;-D It just seems like a bunch of events in an event group, as always. ;-)

Have fun with maths in game creation cause...that's probably the only place where you'd need things like how to calculate the area of an octogonal pyramid. I mean, really, we learned so much of those totaly useless things. We could have learned them only when - and if - we actualy wanted to make video games! :-D
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:24 am

Okay, I got another problem with another advent game. This time, putting the events in reverse order don't seem to resolve anything. :-/

It's a memory game (and yes, I'm making games for children :-)
http://70.83.179.135:81/resource.do?uid=1292771433630

As you can see, first you flip two cards, they aren't identical and they flip themselves back (if they're identical, no matter, they'll flip back anyway cause I didn't program that part yet). Then, you try to turn a card again, and...it shakes. You must click a few times until the card flips. :-(

Someone has an idea of what to do?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:10 am

Tried it.

[quote:3ayu926e]
+ System: Is global variable 'retournees' Equal to 2
-> System: Set global variable 'retournees' to 3
-> Wait: Delay 1500 ms
-> Yellow: Set animation to "0"
-> System: Set global variable 'retournees' to 0[/quote:3ayu926e]

This seems to work... Duuno if it's goo, i just woke up xD <-- Edit : LMAO i guess i'm not awakened yet lol
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:38 pm

I'm always impressed to see that totaly random stuff can resolve my problems! :-D
Thanks again dude!

I often wake late too (9h00 is my recent earliest). But you see, you can figure out such problems while being tired, being not a programmer, and being making your first game with Construct, when I am...not tired and making my <big number here>th game with Construct. :D
(I'm not programmer either, that is...)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:42 am

[quote:jv0xompd]But you see, you can figure out such problems while being tired, being not a programmer, and being making your first game with Construct[/quote:jv0xompd]
I trained Jesus. :mrgreen:

Seriously, i don't know what was wrong. I just noticed that, after flipping 2 cards, when they flip back again, and you click on 1 or more card(s), the variable 'retournees" wanted to increment (or at least change) again, but then went back to zero... You can't see this in the debugger though. I saw this because i added a text object to your file :
[quote:jv0xompd]+ System: Always (every tick)
-> Text: Set text to global('retournees')[/quote:jv0xompd]
Since retournees was being suspicious, i set it to a value that isn't tested by any condition in the code... and it worked :roll: (obviously, no events can be true while retournees is set to 3).

Just call it "Pillow Logic" :lol:

[quote:jv0xompd]and being making your first game with Construct[/quote:jv0xompd]
First game ever i guess... but i wrote my website in Php back in 2003... never touched it again since lol There's only 1 page and maybe 3 functions in there... Still, iexplore can display it right while firefox has no problem.... pffffffffffffffffff i can't be bothered fixing these css issues.
Wanted to make websites at that time, but i found out it was very boring, so i just gave up.
But the thing is, people always say 'start with simple things'... i just start with things a bit more complicated. I can't seem to be able to make simple things :?
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic