[Deleted]

0 favourites

[Deleted]

Prominent has inspired me to not care about this issue. MODS feel free to delete this.

So you spent the last year of your life reading every post on this forum, double checking all the replies from the devs (ensuring you understand context) to enable you to make this well informed third post criticizing the developers?

Very very Impressive.

Still, IMO your time would have been better spent making an actual game, but I do admire your commitment.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

131 reputation point troll user

RetroInsight, if rep mattered as much as you imply then you would know better. If you cannot keep it civil, please do not reply. This is meant to be a serious discussion, if you cannot handle that then scroll on.

It's all just patterns in the mind.

Everyone is following their own direction- figuring their reality out. Making connections/disconnections, to produce sense of something/nothing..

Things are never one sided, but we all forced to believe in one way or another.

Prominent, woah. That is really deep. But I am afraid I do not understand it completely. Could you elaborate?

Just figured I'd say something a little different, since a lot of these sort of discussions are a product of similar behavior.. similar actions.. similar reactions.

I've realized that people generally follow an order because it allows themselves a sense of continuance or reliable way to believe in what they think they are.

Also, most people are shaped to act specific ways based on expectations others place on them. So a lot of time, people might believe they have to satisfy other people's expectations and live up to them, etc. When people don't it can cause distress in the traditions, etc, because it creates a sense that things aren't following along or continuing in a predictable manner.

I think most people have expectations about various things, and these preconceptions often determine how we choose to define ourselves or try to define others, etc..

Now, considering construct, there are a lot of people focused on it and wrap a significant portion of their life around it. So there will be a pattern that develops and people will want predictability and reliability. Also each person has their own expectations and needs/desires, etc.. and they'll chase those regardless of the desires of others, etc..

If you're in charge of a large community, all of the differing opinions essentially become noise, and it might be difficult to really listen to it precisely. I think that is what creates frustration for some people using construct and trying to engage in discussion, because everyone wants to be heard(why speak if you don't expect a response?).. And often most people don't see a broader picture because they've been following their own patterns and direction.

So scirra can censor, sure.. We all censor each other in our own ways when we don't want to respond or take part in discussion, etc, or when we disagree, we may try to change other people's opinions by arguing, etc.. That's part of discussing etc.. I think it is fine, and something people eventually learn to accept. It maybe be unfortunate though in some cases, as everything has reactions/consequences. I particularly believe, it'd better to just let people discuss stuff, otherwise they'll just go discuss somewhere else and worse feelings can develop, etc. We're all just results of our conditioning in our minds, etc, and at the mercy of our physiology usually..

I've kept quiet until now, but I'm getting to the point that I no longer want to read these any more, which as a mod, I do - every post. In fact, I'm seriously considering on leaving the forums forever. Such vitriolic posts just get to be depressing after a while.

I'm more than happy to allow discussions, however uncomfortable but I do take issue with the whole 'censorship' thing.

Threads are usually allowed to say what they want and are only locked - not removed, which would constitute proper censorship - when they become repetitive (which they nearly always do) or become abusive in some way.

Anyway, of you all go, repeating the same thing. I hope you feel empowered by these posts.

zenox98 this thinly veiled attempt to stir trouble had pretty much failed until you just swallowed the bait.

RetroInsight, if rep mattered as much as you imply then you would know better. If you cannot keep it civil, please do not reply. This is meant to be a serious discussion, if you cannot handle that then scroll on.

get in your head that the perfect gamedev-tool does not exist, if you are not even able to isolate and report a simple bug in a civil and constructive way, but you are only good to provoke the patience of scirra developers and forum moderators and to discredit Construct in general, what else do you expect?

indeed for what I saw around there is too much patience from part of the staff against many dull and clumsy people, fundamentally evil people.

I too as a simple user I'm tired of reading these complaints on the forum, so I'm close to zenox98 that have my full solidarity.

and I ask directly to Tom and Ashley that, if it were possible, adopt an even more rigid lines in the forum rules.

we want to read threads of people who develop games not of people who claim the impossible when they are not even able to tie their shoes.

Repetitiveness isn't a bad thing.

Everyone is at a different stage in life and so we're all bound to be repetitive since we haven't experienced what others have experienced. Everything shares similarities, and we often overlook details that others might notice or we might notice details in different ways than others might even though their are the same or similar.

It's not really about being empowered, though that might be a side-effect. We're just bound to the nature of everything and have uncontrollable aspects in ourselves as well as aspects we believe we have control over.

Repetitiveness actually is very useful as it helps us hone in on what is actually happening or bound to happen. If we shy away from ourselves then we often become more confused, since we'd have nothing to relate to.

Obviously, we don't have to listen to others or give others a place to be noisy- people can find other places to go, etc. But there was a pattern in place for their behavior and they became accustomed to a location where they felt they belonged, it should be no surprise the reactions if everything is repetitive and predictable. So who is really understanding? It's all relative isn't it. Maybe nothing matters.

> RetroInsight, if rep mattered as much as you imply then you would know better. If you cannot keep it civil, please do not reply. This is meant to be a serious discussion, if you cannot handle that then scroll on.

>

get in your head that the perfect gamedev-tool does not exist, if you are not even able to isolate and report a simple bug in a civil and constructive way, but you are only good to provoke the patience of scirra developers and forum moderators and to discredit Construct in general, what else do you expect?

indeed for what I saw around there is too much patience from part of the staff against many dull and clumsy people, fundamentally evil people.

I too as a simple user I'm tired of reading these complaints on the forum, so I'm close to zenox98 that have my full solidarity.

and I ask directly to Tom and Ashley that, if it were possible, adopt an even more rigid lines in the forum rules.

we want to read threads of people who develop games not of people who claim the impossible when they are not even able to tie their shoes.

Your comments are rather humorous, considering Construct seems aimed towards people uneducated in developing games, or younger people who want to get into gamedev. Construct seems to want to make games easy to make, and it does.. It should be no surprise that it would attract younger people who haven't been taught patience and all the other socially accepted things.

I'm basically pointing out how your response makes you appear like you lack empathy.

You can't expect everyone to be mature and act like adults in this community. So we ought to serve as good examples and be openminded about others.

I'm basically pointing out how your response makes you appear like you lack empathy.

You can't expect everyone to be mature and act like adults in this community. So we ought to serve as good examples and be openminded about others.

look at that I'm not talking about the newbie, but of people with thousands of reputation points, users of the forum for years, who have the same attitude of the troll here (which in fact is just a fake account of one of those there to complain that it is satisfaction was denied ..)

RetroInsight, if you cannot be civilized, please stop commenting. There is no need for name calling.

Prominent, I found your comments very insightful. Do you have a blog, i'd love to read more of your thoughts.

zenox98, thank you for your input.

honestly if it depended on me I would have banned you at the start of this umpteenth useless discussion

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)