Deleting objects / layers

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:57 pm

This may be another bug I'm experiencing, but I figure I'll post here and see if I'm doing anything wrong.

I can't seem to delete objects or layers from my project, or any project. I select the object, press del, nothing happens. I right click on it, select delete from the menu, nothing happens. Likewise with layers. Click layer, press delete, nothing. Press the garbage can icon, nothing.

A cap wouldn't really be helpful, because this happens for me with every cap I have, including tutorial ones.
B
G

Post » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:21 pm

Update: I uninstalled/reinstalled construct. Problem went away. Some glitch in the install somehow?
B
G

Post » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:23 pm

We changed the prompt for deleting layers/objects in the latest build, so it's possible an old value was being stored and you weren't getting prompted.

Post if it happens again though.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:25 pm

It did! And I figured out what was happening!

A dialogue box pops up asking if I -really- want to delete the object, along with a checkbox to "Don't ask this question again."

If this checkbox is checked, and you select "No", you will NEVER BE ABLE TO DELETE AN OBJECT AGAIN. It requires an uninstall/reinstall to get rid of the problem.
B
G

Post » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:34 pm

Excellent, nice find. The UI lib we use has some issues we need to work out, then :(.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:52 pm

Wow! Nice catch.
B
S
G

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic