Deleting some of my posts

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
  • I am deleting some of my tutorials and posts , Some of the files became corrupted somehow and im removing them from dropbox.

Edit: One of my hd's gave up on me, now it's lying in pieces outside.Made a backup of what i could salvage.

• Edit: One of my hd's gave up on me, now it's lying in pieces outside.Made a backup of what i could salvage.

That really sucks

• Please do not delete your posts. It breaks the forum. You get threads and replies that don't mean anything any more.

If your files are missing, just update your posts stating they are no longer available.

• Can't you reupload good copies of the files?

• [quote:3i81lbk0]Can't you reupload good copies of the files?

I dont know what's going on but both my pc's were getting corrupted files.The first time my old pc just went blank and when i started up some dll files were missing.Had to reload everything and remove my main hd which died on me.Man i lost so much work and money by this i could cry .Most of my advertisements which i spent months on are gone because i thought the "auto backup" app was working like it should but apparently it only backed up some files.

Now my second pc refuses to run Construct or any DirectX api apps.Luckily some files were recovered and i will reupload them asap.

[quote:3i81lbk0]Please do not delete your posts. It breaks the forum. You get threads and replies that don't mean anything any more.

If your files are missing, just update your posts stating they are no longer available.

Sorry deadeye i meant my threads only not my posts.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Same goes for threads... if you delete the OP of your thread, it leaves all the replies behind. That's even worse than just deleting single posts because the thread REALLY doesn't make sense any more.

If your thread has no replies then that's okay I guess. Otherwise, leave it be.

• I only deleted the threads with no replies.Thanks for warning me deadeye.Looks like most of my files are still intact and still on dropbox.

• files on dropbox aren't tied to your hd, they shouldn't have been corrupted/lost if your drive failed.

• [quote:2r3wvovu]files on dropbox aren't tied to your hd, they shouldn't have been corrupted/lost if your drive failed.

That's true but some files that were on db were also corrupted or broken.I tested some of the files by downloading them directly from the site and some weren't working properly.That's why im reuploading them to db again.

The main drobox folder was on the failing hd and i did not upload it via the website,I simply copied the files to that folder and it uploaded automatically.Got a new hd today and everything is back to normal ,Well sort off.

• Apparently it was a mistake for me to say that it was okay to delete your threads if they have no replies. Now Jamesx's tutorial list thread has a bunch of dead links.

• Sorry but this was out of my hands.I managed to save a few of those caps.I reuploaded most of them now.

• Perhaps next time a better thing to do would be to just describe what happened, then ask for advice on what to do. To be honest I don't like people going around mass-deleting posts, because then we get a bunch of dead links on our site (or if not done carefully, nonsense threads). It might be better to use the strikethrough tag [ s ] and [ /s ] (no spaces) to mark unusable content, with an edit tag saying what happened. E.g.: [s:3blnaprb]Download my tutorial[/s:3blnaprb] (edit: file went offline May 2011).

Anyways, these things happen, might be worth exercising a little bit of caution next time. Locking this thread for now.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)