Demon Scroll demo

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Tue May 27, 2014 7:28 pm

Hello!
Before telling about this game, I'd like to thank Scirra Ltd before doing it. So thank you for making this possible! :)
Well then, the Demon Scroll is a hack 'n slash RPG platformer. The game is about young demon hunter ninja called Akai, whom destiny is wrapped up with the Demon Scroll. But how, it's up to how you play it!
Demon Scroll includes a variety of missions, environments, characters, ninja techniques, collectables and secrets to be discovered.
The game is under construction and it will be released as soon as it's ready.
Try out the demo at http://www.demonscroll.com

Controls: A,S,D,W to move (S = aerial attack, 2x A/D = dodge) and K = attack, L = Spell
More details in Pause menu (space)

I'd like to hear what people think of this. Every kind of feedback is welcome and really important.

That's all for now, thank you very much! Have fun. ;)

EDIT:
I just uploaded the walkthrough on YouTube, here's a link:
http://youtu.be/YQI8Bgc3Wgo

Last edited by zoneboi on Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:48 am, edited 9 times in total.
B
S

Post » Tue May 27, 2014 8:20 pm

Looked fantastic, nice intro and such :)

I didnt understand the keyboard controls, and the touch screen controls are a bit too far apart on my widescreen to be comfortable.

I tried it on my phone, it runs up to where it needs to start the game after the main menu screen, then gets me an error page thing for the app, probably memory related as my phone isnt all that.

Great work.
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 29, 2014 11:59 pm

Hey thanks lennaert! :)
There was a few glitches, but now it's updated. I should mention those controls better somewhere, so it would be easier to get into it. The game is designed for iPhone and iPad, but the HTML5 website seemed to be a bit too heavy to play with them. So I recommend to play it with PC or Mac.
B
S

Post » Fri May 30, 2014 12:11 am

Holy crap, this looks awesome. I love the art style. But like laennert, I couldn't understand the controls.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 30, 2014 2:00 am

Thanks lolpaca! :) I wondered if I should give controls more attention, it seems they're hard to be found. If you have troubles how to play it, check the Pause Menu (space button) > Options > Controls > Keyboard
But glad to hear if it looks good! :D Thanks!
B
S

Post » Fri May 30, 2014 9:06 pm

This game looks great! A+++ art.
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 31, 2014 8:14 pm

Thank you MrGoatsnake! :D
B
S

Post » Sat May 31, 2014 9:36 pm

Awesome graphics man, What did you use to make this graphics and what resolution did yo set?
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 31, 2014 10:21 pm

Thank you very much A0Nasser! :) Mostly I used Adobe Illustrator for drawing to get smooth lines. It makes vector graphic, so it was easy to adjust sizes without loosing the sharpness. After that I finished with Adobe Photoshop using basic 72p resolution.
B
S

Post » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:15 pm

zoneboi wrote:Thank you MrGoatsnake! :D

How do you make the notes ?
share with us your technic.
:mrgreen:
2D Game GUI Designer
B
S
G

Next