Demon Scroll demo

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:14 pm

Thank's for the replay.
I mean by the resolution is the game resolution in C2.
And did you also use Photoshop for the text fonts.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:50 pm

Manarsoft wrote:How do you make the notes ?
share with us your technic.
:mrgreen:

Sorry I have to make sure what you mean, so do you mean those speech bubbles? :)

A0Nasser wrote:Thank's for the replay.
I mean by the resolution is the game resolution in C2.
And did you also use Photoshop for the text fonts.

Oh, sorry I took it wrong. It's 960 x 640 :D
I mainly used adobe illustrator on texts too and the font is called Proclamate Heavy and it's downloaded from dafont.com
B
S

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:20 am

Love the art style.
B
S

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:36 pm

zoneboi wrote:
Manarsoft wrote:How do you make the notes ?
share with us your technic.
:mrgreen:

Sorry I have to make sure what you mean, so do you mean those speech bubbles? :)

Yes, i mean the speech bubbles?
2D Game GUI Designer
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:44 pm

Thanks Ldk! :)
Ok then Manarsoft! :) Those speech bubbles are made of 3 different objects: Text box, the bubble part and an arrow. The bubble part uses two kind of sines (width and height) and it has two image points. The main image point is in the middle of the bubbles bottom, so its bottom line stays on the same Y, and the second is in center. Text box is always placed on speech bubbles second image point.
The arrow is always on the bottom of the speech bubble. To do so, place the arrows image point on its top and command for example: Every tick -> Set Arrow Y to SpeechBubble.Y. Remember to keep the arrows top white, so it covers the speech bubbles bottom line where it stands.
In every scene the speech bubbles coordinates changes, and the characters too. Thats why I use custom X coordinate for the arrow. Characters may move or happens to be in different spot but the arrow is always on the same X coordinate. This is just a one way to do it, but I use a global variable for that. Let's call it as "scene". For example: Compare global variable - Scene=3 -> Set Arrow X to Character.X. Using the same global variable, you can set text to the text box.
There's a a few animated frame when the speech bubble appears. I made the text box and the arrow invisible, if the animation frame is less than the last frame, so it gave it a little cartoonic touch on it.
I hope this was helpful. :) If i missed something or if i told this in too complex way, go ahead and ask me. ;)
B
S

Previous

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests