Deprecated/Wrong Audio(?)

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Be quick and choose whether the shown equation is right or wrong.
  • Problem Description

I am getting warnings/errors in the Console when running exported web games. The issues seems to be related to the audio plugin. (The games works but maybe you need to look into this)

Seems like Chrome will change it support for these features in this coming release. v64 and v65.

Attach a Capx

do not think it is needed, you can export anything with audio (I guess)

Description of Capx

--

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• just create a game in construct2, with audio.
    • Export for web
    • upload and run in browser and look in console

Observed Result

When running a game in Chrome i see this in the console:

[Deprecation] AudioParam value setter will become equivalent to AudioParam.setValueAtTime() in M65, around March 2018  See https://webaudio.github.io/web-audio-api/#dom-audioparam-value for more details.[/code:26b5pa2x]
    this realtes to  c2runtime.js:17201
    The "errouneous" line is  the line with setPosition:
    [code:26b5pa2x]		if (api === API_WEBAUDIO)
    		{
    			context["listener"]["setPosition"](draw_width / 2, draw_height / 2, this.listenerZ);
    			context["listener"]["setOrientation"](0, 0, 1, 0, -1, 0);
    			window["c2OnAudioMicStream"] = function (localMediaStream, tag)
    			{[/code:26b5pa2x]

I also get this in the console:
    [code:26b5pa2x][Deprecation] GainNode.gain.value setter smoothing is deprecated and will be removed in M64, around January 2018. Please use setTargetAtTime() instead if smoothing is needed. See https://www.chromestatus.com/features/5287995770929152 for more details.[/code:26b5pa2x]
    relates to c2runtime.js:16553
    It is the line with the gainNode
    [code:26b5pa2x]			if (this.buffer.myapi === API_WEBAUDIO)
    			{
    				this.gainNode["gain"]["value"] = vol * masterVolume;
    				if (!this.fresh)[/code:26b5pa2x]

[b]Expected Result[/b]
    I did expect to not get this warnings.   

[b]Affected Browsers[/b]
    [ul]
        [li] Chrome: YES (Latest Chrome! Version 64.0.3282.167)
        [/li][li] FireFox: (I do not know)
        [/li][li] Internet Explorer: (I do not know)[/li][/ul]

[b]Operating System and Service Pack[/b]
    Windows 10, latest

[b]Construct 2 Version ID[/b]
    Latest: Beta Release (r253) (64bit win10)
  • I don't think this is anything to worry about - it's not a removal of the feature, it's just slightly changing the way it works. AFAICT currently we just set a "value" property when we want to do something like change the volume, but in Chrome that actually does a very short crossfade or some effect like that. I think they're warning that they are going to remove that effect and make it set immediately. Which is pretty much what we wanted in the first place!

TL;DR: There should be nothing to worry about. (Topic Link)

I'm also using M64 for quite a while now without any bugs. Both warnings seem to have no noticable negative effects.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Closing based on this post.

• hmm.. ok, thanks, I had missed that!

(But that post was for just one of these reported issues. The one saying one function will be quivalent to another.

I got two issues in console, were one of'em is completely removed and not supported any longer..? But I guess it doesn't matter then?)

• (But that post was for just one of these reported issues. The one saying one function will be quivalent to another.

I got two issues in console, were one of'em is completely removed and not supported any longer..? But I guess it doesn't matter then?)

I'm using the most recent version were the changes have already been applied, no noticeable bugs so far.

You can always rely on the community to report bugs like this anyway, especially the ones related to the audio plugin since literally everyone is using it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)