design

Discuss game development design and post your game ideas

Post » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:42 pm

what is the best programme i have to use to make logo and background for my appliaction
B

Post » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:51 pm

and sounds effect programme
B

Post » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:51 am

Hmm... I'd suggest GIMP and Inkscape. They are both free and very powerful software. In good hands they can become equally good as Photoshop and Illustrator. My experience is though that they are not equally easy to use but that is nothing to worry. You'll learn the basics quickly :)

For SFX? There are many. But I'd suggest looking for ready made sound effects. If you really want to look into creating your own you will need a microphone, USB powered audio interface and a digital audio workstation (Avid ProTools, Ableton Live, Presonus Studio One, Steinberg Cubase etc). I'd suggest Ableton Live for sound design of all those.
Have a happy day!
- Markus Lappalainen, Composer & Audio Engineer
Open for commissions!

For Hire Thread | LinkedIn | SoundCloud
B
S

Post » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:07 pm

thank you for your help
your answer is very helpful
:)
B

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:49 am

You are most welcome @lachaal! :)
Have a happy day!
Open for commissions!

B
S

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:53 pm

I have some free alternatives for you as well, if you would like.

For graphics, another option for you would be Paint.NET. I find it's a better program than GIMP which is just too frustrating to use, and you don't have to download a bunch of plugins to get it to do what you want.

For sound you might want to try Audacity. It's for editing, instead of creation, but you can layer existing sounds and add effects to make completely new sounds. I've layered thunder, dog barks and explosions to make gun sounds before. It's fun. :P

If you are doing 8-bit sound effects and music, nothing beats Dr.Petter's tools.
sfxr for sound effects
musagi for music

Good luck!
Be sure to check out my Metroidvania game, A Hole in the Earth
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:20 pm

thank you @ryanrybot
i try :)
B

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:43 pm

do you have an idea about how much money i can earn from making game!!
!!
B

Post » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:11 am

Totally forgot about Paint.NET!! That will get my support most definitely. It is not as feature rich as GIMP but will perform more than enough for most needs regarding graphic design on this forum :)

Audacity is good for many things too. I've just found some of it's editing features somewhat... frustrating :)

How much money you can make? That depends on many things. It is nothing to paying most taxes in Finland for example :D The head men of SuperCell earned so much with their games that no one in Finland payed more taxes than they did a couple of years back. If you have an awesome original or very well revamped idea and the game looks and feels good, yeah why not. You can make some decent revenue. But before thinking about making money, think about making a good game :) DON'T QUIT YOUR DAY JOB/SCHOOL ;)
Have a happy day!
Open for commissions!

B
S

Post » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:14 pm

@taistelusopuli thank you for the information
that's what i try to do original game
have a good day :)
B

Next