Designer looking for retro-style artist

Looking to build a team or have a job to offer?

Post » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:20 am

Hello Construct 2 community! Please go easy on me as I'm new to the whole hiring an artist thing. I've got this great game, Carnage in Space 2, and I want some great graphics to make it reality.

As the name suggests, this is my second entry in my Carnage in Space series - I've already released 3 smaller games before now using a simpler game engine.

I have a fairly large prototype available, which has many of the game's features implemented... but of course it's lacking on level assets.

I am able to create player and weapon sprites for myself (though I wouldn't mind if you wanted to touch them up!); the biggest thing I'm lacking is level design and especially level graphics.

But enough of what I'm missing. Here's what I have!

Carnage in Space II Prototype
(Works best in Chrome; not tested in other browsers)

The game in action

Style:
I'm hoping to complete this game in something reminiscent of SNES-era graphics - pixellated but not so much that you can't tell what everything is. Basically, something like what I've got right now.

Pricing:
Up for debate! Take note I'm a poor college student without a full-time job, but I would be willing to work out some compensation for your work.
B
S

Post » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:50 pm

Trying to think of a subtle way to bump the thread but coming up with nothing.

The position is still open, and again, I am willing to pay for the work!
B
S

Post » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:50 pm

Can you let folks know what kind of budget you're working with?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:23 am

As I mentioned I'm rather new at this so I don't have a good feel for optimum 'wages'. However, I'd at least be willing to pay around $20-40 for just the first level's assets - around 8-12 small, repeatable objects.
B
S

Post » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:10 pm

Hey-- i can do your project. Am flexable on price.
kind regards, mark-p.
http://redflagmobile.com
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:55 am

@markpouncey

Awesome! Do you have any examples of past game art (especially pixel art)?
B
S

Post » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:39 pm

>> Examples are on projects page at website-- see above.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:15 pm

I looked through your website at some of your (un-labeled) links, and all I saw were some basic colored boxes, not pixel art. Can you just show me a few pictures of pixel art you've done (like in my prototype screenshot)?
B
S

Post » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:31 pm

A few set pieces shouldn't be too difficult. Your style is pretty solid on it's own, to be perfectly honest. I just thought I'd show ya a few examples of mine from a practice game I was making:

If ya wanna see the set pieces individually:
http://sta.sh/2dmf2zes72v
http://sta.sh/218m4slzzkz9

[Edit]: OH! And I almost forgot. If you needed things like splash screens or logos, check out my deviantart page and see if ya like the style!RandomFellow2013-12-03 22:37:59
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:30 pm

@RandomFellow

Hey, that looks pretty good! Would you be interested in filling out a list of requests to match the style I've got? Speaking of style, I rather like it too, but my selection of assets is very limited, and those level graphics (which I've replaced) aren't made for side-scrolling.

The objects I need:
* Forest background (to replace the blank green one I've got now)
* Grassy hills (same function as the ones in the screenshot)
* Tree branch platforms (for suspending in the air; don't really need to be attached to anything)
* Small water pools/falls
* Trees and shrubs (like the ones in the screenshot but in a sideview perspective)

I'll eventually need more robotic enemies, but I want to see if I can find free ones first.

Would you be willing to fill out that list of requests for $20? If not, what do you think they'd be worth?
B
S

Next

Return to Job Offers and Team Requests