Destroy Berlin! a game about gentrification

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:37 am

We just released our first satirical online game, made with Construct2.
It is a kind of reverse tower defense, where you have to dispatch police units to beat up ugly poor people woh refuse to make space for the beautiful and wealthy.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/imDickicht/zerst-rt-zerst-rt

If you have any comments or ideas how to improve the game please tell me.
B

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:59 pm

Cool! I don't live in Berlin so a lot of satire probably went past me but of course the problem isn't confined to Berlin.

It feels a bit silly to talk about in a game like this but I think the game would be a bit smoother with some balance changes.
Like, it took me some time to figure out that being photographed also give you energy. It would be better if I knew that from the start and if there was more cocaine around. I needed to be photographed just to keep my energy up, which meant popularity was never a problem (or was that intentional?).
I wasn't sure what was happening with the coloured bars over the police.
B
S

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:24 pm

The Kreuzberg Problem :-P Same down here in Frankfurt.

Will give your game a try when I'm home.
Check out our start-up and configure your own helmet in true 3D.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:55 am

Erfeo wrote:Cool! I don't live in Berlin so a lot of satire probably went past me but of course the problem isn't confined to Berlin.

It feels a bit silly to talk about in a game like this but I think the game would be a bit smoother with some balance changes.
Like, it took me some time to figure out that being photographed also give you energy. It would be better if I knew that from the start and if there was more cocaine around. I needed to be photographed just to keep my energy up, which meant popularity was never a problem (or was that intentional?).
I wasn't sure what was happening with the coloured bars over the police.

Thanks for the feedback, Erfeo! I will change the balancing and manual. Unfortunately it takes Kongregate 1-2 days to update.
Is there also displacement in your city?
B

Post » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:12 am

Haha, I definitely liked it. :)
It's a sweet and funny little mini-game with crude humour. Interesting concept and nice art-style though. :D
Thanks for that.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:27 pm

Ah man, Kongregate won't let me play on a tablet. But I bet it's possible :mrgreen:
B
S

Return to Completed Creations