"Destructable Landscape" Object (or ways to do it)

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:23 pm

Yeah, you know, in games like Worms, Cortex Command, Liero, Molez, et cetera; they have destructable particle-powered landscape.

Without spamming 200,000 particles to create this effect, could it be added as a plugin or as a feature to Construct? Like, determine particle sprite, then it makes a flat landscape out of it. When a bullet hits it from a certain direction or some event happens, it could destroy a determined amount of particles at once.

Would be very useful - if this isn't doable already without considerable FPS loss, that is.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:52 pm

If I remember correctly, you can use the ink effect "erase" to perform the same function as taking pieces out of a landscape. Your sprite is the erase mask, so you can define it with pixel precision.
B
G

Post » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:03 pm

[quote="nobuyuki":cbdlf9f0]If I remember correctly, you can use the ink effect "erase" to perform the same function as taking pieces out of a landscape. Your sprite is the erase mask, so you can define it with pixel precision.[/quote:cbdlf9f0]
But does it affect the collision of the landscape? That is what I need.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:10 pm

No, you won't be able to modify the collision landscape like that, the Canvas object needs new features to be able to support this.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:48 am

That would be awsome! Especially if you could draw your own "erase masks".
B
S
G

Return to Construct Classic Discussion