Destructible terrain (0.95)

Post your own tutorials, guides and demos.

Post » Sat May 24, 2008 3:44 pm

[quote="Attan":272xkcht]Happy day friend! Have an EXE! http://www.mediafire.com/?nyzmynlnz9s[/quote:272xkcht]

Thanks!
This is really cool.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 25, 2008 4:12 am

Is there any way to make it so when you do something like this:

The floating portion that is left behind falls down, complete with physics and all?

E.g.:

That would be pretty awesome...
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:55 pm

WOW! I was shocked when i seen it!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:45 am

This seems nice, but is there any way to get it to work without the mouse? The Canvas object seems to be very strongly tied to the mouse co-ordinates, and I can't find a way to paste in the 'damage' object wherever I want (i.e. without clicking somewhere).

Any advice on how I could do this? I guess I could use the DrawPoint function to draw an array of pixels, but that really seems like it shouldn't be necessary.
B
G

Post » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:10 am

[quote="silverside":2wja3l0s]This seems nice, but is there any way to get it to work without the mouse? The Canvas object seems to be very strongly tied to the mouse co-ordinates, and I can't find a way to paste in the 'damage' object wherever I want (i.e. without clicking somewhere).

Any advice on how I could do this? I guess I could use the DrawPoint function to draw an array of pixels, but that really seems like it shouldn't be necessary.[/quote:2wja3l0s]

Well I am still very new to construct, but after trying out this example I was amazed at how simple destructible terrain could be. I was excited to implement it into my games. Then I read your post and thought to myself this doesn't sound right, if this is true that doesn't make it very useful at all. So really quickly I thought I would open up construct and see if I could do it without the mouse.

I attached what I did, its nothing special but press "Z" to drop metroidesque bombs lol.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:18 am

It's great that you've found a way to do it, but for some reason your file won't open for me. It says "An attempt was made to access an unnamed file past its end.".

Can you fix the file or explain how you did it?
B
G

Post » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:41 am

Actually don't worry, I figured it out. For some reason I didn't make the connection that the 'damage' object was just following the mouse around rather than the Canvas being tied to the mouse object.

The solution was just to create a Damage object at the position I wanted, then paste it into the canvas, then destroy it! Thanks for pushing me to take a second look though, now I can finish my Space Invaders clone properly!
B
G

Post » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:18 am

Try this one,you should be really impressed,
god i love construct

P.S. Use it as your own,I don't care
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:09 pm

Awesome!
Hard to believe something like this was accomplished in just one event :D