Destructible Terrain/Buildings

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:25 am

@Ylando, I heard physics objects can dramatically slow the game if you use lots of them, so you may want to come up with a way to do it with sprites/reuse the physics objects (make physics objects invisible and attach to sprites on-screen at all times?)

Not sure how easy that'd be, but using one screens worth of physics objects instead of a whole layout should save some lag
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:33 am

I wanted to do something similar to this. I started out with small bricks and tried linking them together, but that was disaterious. I ended up making this game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/612857
It's just stacking platforms on top of each other and the physics engine freaks out and collapses the building, but I thought it made for an interesting idea. That's one simple way of doing destruction.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:02 pm

@Jayjay Yeah, I heard the same thing.... So far I've made the bricks have health, which diminishes over time/with hits. So HOPEFULLY if I make certain objects only spawn when they're visible all should be ok :)
B

Post » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:05 pm

@Sushin Very interesting... That is pretty much what I'm going for :) Except with more explosions :D
B

Post » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:35 pm

Sushin, I like that game, although it's flawed. If you could fix it so everything doesn't just instantly collapse when I enter the levels, it would be really fun. Right now it's just a bit too mad, as soon as I enter level 2 the whole building collapses, lol. But the idea is good and if you polish it up a bit I reckon it could be great. I've given you 5 stars anyway :)
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?