Detecting certain spoken words (speech recognition)

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:01 am

Hi all,

When using speech recognition, how do I get it to recognise only certain words and then output pre-defined text with speech synthesis?

I want it so it's always listening and when it detects certain trigger words, it outputs pre-defined text with speech synthesis.

Example.

It's always listening. When it detects me saying "hello", it outputs "hi there" with speech synthesis.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dan
B
S

Post » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:29 pm

Anyone at all? I think it is possible, I'm just not very good at figuring out how. Once I have the direction I'm ok on my own! :)

Dan
B
S

Post » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:41 pm

Message: Striped Banana is not yet permitted to post plain text URLS (300 rep required). 1 URLS removed. Why?
Hi. I've been working on something very similar (a character that I can talk to), and I think I can help.
Try this:

(Global Text variable): "YouSaid"

(System: On Start of Layout): UserMedia: Request speech recognition (language "en-US", Continuous mode, Interim restults)

(UserMedia: On speech recognition result): System (Set YouSaid to UserMedia.InterimTranscript)
(Sub Event) (System:YouSaid = hello): UserMedia: Speak text "Hi, there" (language "en-US", voice URI "", volume 1 dB, rate 1, pitch 1

This should work. Tip: the only web browser (at least that I know of) that supports the UserMedia object is Google Chrome, which is free. You can get it from: You will need to set it as your preview browser under "Configuration Settings", which is in "Project Properties".
You will also need a microphone that is either plugged into your computer (Like one with a USB cord) or one that is built into your computer (like some laptops).

I hope that helped!
B
S

Return to How do I....?