Detecting certain spoken words (speech recognition)

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Customizable speech bubble dialogue system! With this dialogue system, you can finally have speech bubbles in your game!
  • Hi all,

When using speech recognition, how do I get it to recognise only certain words and then output pre-defined text with speech synthesis?

I want it so it's always listening and when it detects certain trigger words, it outputs pre-defined text with speech synthesis.

Example.

It's always listening. When it detects me saying "hello", it outputs "hi there" with speech synthesis.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Anyone at all? I think it is possible, I'm just not very good at figuring out how. Once I have the direction I'm ok on my own!

Dan

• Hi. I've been working on something very similar (a character that I can talk to), and I think I can help.

Try this:

(Global Text variable): "YouSaid"

(System: On Start of Layout): UserMedia: Request speech recognition (language "en-US", Continuous mode, Interim restults)

(UserMedia: On speech recognition result): System (Set YouSaid to UserMedia.InterimTranscript)

(Sub Event) (System:YouSaid = hello): UserMedia: Speak text "Hi, there" (language "en-US", voice URI "", volume 1 dB, rate 1, pitch 1

This should work. Tip: the only web browser (at least that I know of) that supports the UserMedia object is Google Chrome, which is free. You can get it from: You will need to set it as your preview browser under "Configuration Settings", which is in "Project Properties".

You will also need a microphone that is either plugged into your computer (Like one with a USB cord) or one that is built into your computer (like some laptops).

I hope that helped!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)