Detection Method for various inputs

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:11 pm

[QUOTE=Ashley] On the title screen, if the user presses a keyboard key, clicks the mouse or presses a gamepad button, set a global variable 'hideTouchControls' to 1. If the global variable is 1, make the touch control objects invisible![/QUOTE]

This is what I've been trying to figure out haha I will see if I can get that to work
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:29 pm

OK Ashley I've tried several things, but I'm almost burned out trying to figure out this input detection. I'm new to this so the variable thing sounds cool, I just don't know how to input that to make it flow.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:32 am

@jbrown2177
If you look at the capx I sent you there is a variable that is detecting which controller method is being used (Pad, Keys or Touch).
If that variable = Touch then set a layer to visible (This layer should contain all your touch buttons)
If that variable "Does not" = Touch then set a layer to invisable
B
S

Post » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:57 pm

Thanks, I figured it out last night, but I guess I was starting to get tunnel vision again. I created a variable and placed the variable to make the control layer appear when the touch action was triggered. But I will go back and look at your example again.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?