Dev poll: next feature for (me) to implement

0 favourites
  • Hey all,

Now behaviors are effectively done, just wondering what's needed next most badly.

I know the answer is actually "picture editor and animations for sprite". However, Davo has said he is going to make a comeback and do that for C2! He did the 0.x one, so I'm sure he'll do a great job.

If he's getting on with that, then I can be getting on with something else. I'm not sure what is next most missed though, after picture editor and animations. So: another poll to find out!

Note: I won't consider exporters at this stage, since the HTML5 exporter should be finished first.

As before, all these are planned for eventual implementation. It's just a question of which to do first. Which do you miss the most?

• Well whats the status on html5 local storage?

Even if a save file is still on hold, some sort of array(2d?) that could be used in just memory would be nice.

Or:

Can I has stack, with a for each?

• Stuff that can't be easily worked around should be first in my opinion, like families, global variables and fine collisions. But I want event groups anyway.

And good on ya Davo!

• I'm voting for a plug-in, but I don't know if it should be marked as a plug-in...

I'm talking about the Function

I fell in love with it and I've been using it in all my projects. It makes events more flexible and you can create a chain of events more easily (with the "on complete"-something-something). I only question it being a Plugin: I believe the Functions should be a part of the System events - just like a FOR, for example.

Just throwing a thought here, but I believe events that are transformed in functions could have a different, very light, background color to them.

Maybe this is something worth adding later (Families should be more useful right now...), but I wanted to share my thoughts about the Function plugin here

• I'd definitively like to see some kind of save support eventually (Either local or Server side). Also, I''m not sure who this falls to, but full sound support would be nice (Works in previews, loops, ability to stop sounds). More plugins without a doubt.

• Adopt all new plug ins

• Having more plug-ins and behaviors is nice but, my vote goes to building more of the mechanical features of C2. Once you get that out of the way the plug-ins and behaviors

will be all that you guys have to work on.

• While Construct's powerful features lie in its simplicity in behavior setting, and although defining your own complex behavior is possible, drag and drop, carving for your own behavior, can be a bit of a crawl. If we can have some sort of mechanism that allows us to "create the program" via either "drag or drop" or "writing code" interchangeably, this should provide more productivity.

I'm impressed with Construct so far, but creating a smarter AI with respect to the game's features via drag and drop take a little too long to implement.

So this is just my suggestion. Keep up the good work, sir.

• Perhaps polish the plugin dev up a bit? I remain confounded whenever I try to confront it.

• My personal list, from highest priority to lowest:

* Families

* Fine Collision

* More plugins:

** Custom Movement Behavior

** Array/Data Structures

• Event sheets would make organizing a whole lot easier.

• Grid snap. Especially with the new platform behavior.

• export game to mobile device or mobile OS , i mean for example export to android device or symbian device or maemo device. something like that. I don`t if this is posible. see ya

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Add tilemaps support. Like importing a tilemap, selecting and area of tilemap image and drawing it on scene like a pencil , etc. Would involve some substantial rewrite of map editor and other things though.

• Add tilemaps support. Like importing a tilemap, selecting and area of tilemap image and drawing it on scene like a pencil , etc. Would involve some substantial rewrite of map editor and other things though.

Supported, also I can't wait for a Custom Movement Behavior to be made for C2, and data saving would be awesome.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)