[Update Mon April 17, 2017
: new version on the arcade - new levels, 200% overhauled mechanics, still no visuals
oh, and brought back the mechs! https://www.scirra.com/arcade/shooting- ... v-02-17020
[Update Fri Sep 02, 2016
: new demo on the arcade - check later post for details] https://www.scirra.com/arcade/action-ga ... type-10787
this prototype is about hijacking powerful Mechs and plowing through hordes of ruthless invaders.
Currently consists of 3 levels:
1. Breach the Gate
2. Rescue your Allies
3. Steal the Heavy WalkerDisclaimer:
All visuals are still placeholders
at this point, so please try to look beyond the chunky visuals. Things do get boxy and abstract at times, I guess.
The Warhammer 40k theme will be gone in the end, although the gritty sci-fi vibe is kinda what I'm after.
There are still some bugs at times, like enemies chasing you through walls or allies attacking you.
But that shouldnt hurt the fun (much
At times the level language is probably not super selfexplanatory, due to minimal visuals.
Hopefully the objective tracker and compass help clarify the mission goals a bit.Feature breakdown:
- Fight on foot, wielding Blaster and Grenades
- Steal heavily armed Mechs and trample smaller enemies
- Gather rage to unleash Berserk Mode
- 3 Mech types to hijack, each with unique behaviours and abilities
- 4 enemy solider types, 4 enemy mech types
- Allied troops to rescue or fight along side
- indoor and outdoor segments (image real pretty graphics!)Playing with gamepad is recommended!
Tested with Xbox360 pad in Chrome.
Keyboard+Mouse is supported but only for debugging, not quite as juicy atm.
Pro tip: I left in a cheat button to skip through levels, in case you get stuck or have to restart too often
Play here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/145 ... index.html