[Devlog] NES style ninja platformer - Cyber Shadow

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Fri May 06, 2016 5:00 pm

Yeah... I'm currently renaming the objects so they appear early in the list if I want to watch them. Scrolling the list is a pain cause it's so slow and there's so many entries....

Thanks tho :D
B
S

Post » Fri May 06, 2016 11:19 pm

Awesome pixel art man. Gratz!
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 07, 2016 7:44 am

Hey, amazing pixel art! This is one to watch for sure :)

Coming soon on Steam!
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 07, 2016 11:41 am

It's the complete map in a single layout?
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 07, 2016 7:59 pm

DeadByte wrote:It's the complete map in a single layout?

I've segmented it to have about 5-10 screens per layout.

Thanks for the kind words everyone :geek:

Here's a mockup for the Bioform Hunt stage. The mekas are hunting lifesigns. They're mostly done, so not much you can do to help, you just gotta get through.
B
S

Post » Mon May 09, 2016 7:06 am

Excellent I love seeing Construct 2 developers pushing the bar and making great games. Games like this is what got me started on playing video games. Plus games like this show Construct2 can make serious games, not just doodle jump and flappybird clones. Thank you for raising the bar.
Check out my awesome Android Game releases https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... ames&hl=en
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 23, 2016 6:30 am

Aye, thanks PixelPower.

Currently I'm wondering if there's an easy way to add an effect to the whole game instead of adding the effect to each layout. I'm trying to use the CRT effect that was mentioned in the Copy Girl devlog.

Looks like this:

There's some pixel doubling going on, so gotta figure out how to fix that too :geek:
B
S

Post » Mon May 23, 2016 12:24 pm

@huZba I was wondering are you going to make this for mobile or no? Reason I asked is that I was going to make several games that hark back to nes or super nes days. I rather you come out with this ninja gaiden style game so I can jump on a proper castlevania or metroid style game in the future for android. We will be turning it into our dream device!!
Check out my awesome Android Game releases https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... ames&hl=en
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:01 am

Ran into trouble using the Bullet behavior using "bounce off solids"
The bullets would do a full 180 when colliding with corners in a situation like this (when the bullet hits the corner under the players feet):
Changes to bullet collider shape didn't help, so instead I made a check like this to reflect the bullet off solids:
Might work for anyone experiencing similar issues with "bounce off solids"
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests