[Devlog] NES style ninja platformer - Cyber Shadow

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:35 pm

Hey, just a lazy post to say I like this a lot! Nice graphics and atmosphere, I'm guessing you know very well the games you're paying tribute to.
Very nice work, keep it up! :)
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:52 am

Sprites for the next boss:
Gave him a huge laser cannon and a sword. I'll try to make it seem like anything with ninja weapons is more dangerous than other enemies.
B
S

Post » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:36 am

I must say, i'm really impressed with the screenshots and looking forward for it's release on Steam. Have you considered releasing it on mobile also?, i'm a mobile game developer myself and i've been dying to make a nes style game on my own
B

Post » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:16 am

This looks nice. Keep going.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:16 pm

Doctor Evil wrote:I must say, i'm really impressed with the screenshots and looking forward for it's release on Steam. Have you considered releasing it on mobile also?, i'm a mobile game developer myself and i've been dying to make a nes style game on my own

Thanks.
Not gonna release the same game on mobile, it would compromise both versions. I'd rather make a completely new game for mobile. I do have some pretty interesting ideas for games that would work good cross platforms, but that's a thing of the future XD
B
S

Post » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:14 pm

huZba wrote:
Doctor Evil wrote:I must say, i'm really impressed with the screenshots and looking forward for it's release on Steam. Have you considered releasing it on mobile also?, i'm a mobile game developer myself and i've been dying to make a nes style game on my own

Thanks.
Not gonna release the same game on mobile, it would compromise both versions. I'd rather make a completely new game for mobile. I do have some pretty interesting ideas for games that would work good cross platforms, but that's a thing of the future XD

Well, i don't know much about Construct 2, but i work with LibGDX which is a framework that can export to a variety of platforms like Android, iOS , Windows and HTML5. So far i've worked with Android, iOS and Windows and all of them seems to work flawlessly with minor changes. Now i'm testing a port to HTML5.

Regards.
B

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:58 am

I have a small issue with camera currently, wonder if anyone can shed some light to this:

I use "Is on-screen" to spawn enemies.
I have a camera object with "scrollTo"

Whenever entering a scene, all enemies between the top left corner of the scene and the start position of the player get spawned. It's as if the scrollTo goes over the whole scene from the default position even if I set the position to player "on start of layout"
B
S

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:53 pm

huZba wrote:I have a small issue with camera currently, wonder if anyone can shed some light to this:

I use "Is on-screen" to spawn enemies.
I have a camera object with "scrollTo"

Whenever entering a scene, all enemies between the top left corner of the scene and the start position of the player get spawned. It's as if the scrollTo goes over the whole scene from the default position even if I set the position to player "on start of layout"

I know the camera will always start in the top left corner. I used to lerp() the camera to the player and when starting it would pan from the top left to wherever I started the player. Maybe a simple fix is to have the spawn events in a group which you have disabled. Then enable the group after the camera gets set to it's beginning location. Does that sound practical?
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:27 pm

That worked. Enemies wont spawn until the second frame to avoid this problem. Thanks @badmoodtaylor
Seems like a workaround for somewhat unexpected behavior. If an object has the scrollTo enabled at the start of the scene, the camera should start at that object instead of the top left corner.
B
S

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:47 am

Currently making power circuit type of level:
This allows you to see exactly what is going on and no memorizing required.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests