Dialog tree, loaded from file

Post your own tutorials, guides and demos.

Post » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:07 am

This is a dialog tree that loads everything from a .ini file.

It uses State Machine, INI file, SpriteFont and SpriteButton.
Nevermind the loose text object >_<

For some reason, I can't get to state 4. I can't figure it out =/ help?

[url:ly7y6zpw]http://www.udec.cl/~jfuente_alba/dialogtree.zip[/url:ly7y6zpw]

EDIT: State Machine is lacking something very important: an expression to get the current state.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:00 am

The link doesn't seem to work for me.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:09 am

As I recall Madster did have some problems with certain areas not being able to download from his hosting, but this time it might actually be the earthquake! Hopefully his server isn't rubble.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:10 am

It is more about landlines being torn by the earthquakes. Backbone network is overloaded or something and there's a few dead branches.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:12 pm

hmm... this doesn't really do anything or say anything. Am i missing something obvious?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:46 am

Okay, I'm back, sorta.

I used that server to avoid the connectivity problem the other server has. Then the university got really damaged by the quake. =/

So now I'll upload it in the usual server that is invisible from certain countries. Oh well.

http://octavoarte.cl/dialogtree.zip

What it does is present buttons with options, which take you to new dialogs with new options. This could be used to make dialog trees in Construct, where the dialog is stored in easily modifiable ini files.
There is one bug that I can't quite pin down, so if the dialog doesn't go where you would assume it would go, that's the bug. It seems to happen in very specific places.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:22 pm

[quote="madster":i71dpcq6]Okay, I'm back, sorta.

I used that server to avoid the connectivity problem the other server has. Then the university got really damaged by the quake. =/

So now I'll upload it in the usual server that is invisible from certain countries. Oh well.

http://octavoarte.cl/dialogtree.zip

What it does is present buttons with options, which take you to new dialogs with new options. This could be used to make dialog trees in Construct, where the dialog is stored in easily modifiable ini files.
There is one bug that I can't quite pin down, so if the dialog doesn't go where you would assume it would go, that's the bug. It seems to happen in very specific places.[/quote:i71dpcq6]
I've got it this time..Thanks man.
B
G

Post » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:29 am

Tested it with latest Construct and still doesn't work correctly for some unknown reason.

You'd be better off using a global variable than the state machine object, as it doesn't provide any new functionality (besides state validation, which is pretty useless if you're specifying destination state with an event) and it seems to be broken =/
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:21 pm

Where I can find StateMachine.csx? Example doesn't work withot this plugin.
B
G

Post » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:28 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5775&hilit=state+machine

the state machine is in that thread. Madster ill see if i can find the source and make some additions to it but ive been super busy with school....
B
S
G

Next

Return to Your tutorials & example files