Dialog tree, loaded from file

Post your own tutorials, guides and demos.

Post » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:28 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5775&hilit=state+machine

the state machine is in that thread. Madster ill see if i can find the source and make some additions to it but ive been super busy with school....
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:36 pm

Aeal... I could never make it work properly, plugin would sometimes just refuse to change states :(

I would offer to take over but I always end up posponing working on plugins, as I get tired by just setting up the compiler and getting the default plugin to compile :P so dunno.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:16 pm

It looks like I may have lost the source, ill have to fumble through my desktop looking for it to make sure. I know this was a requested behavior so I may make a behavior version of it shouldn't take too long, ill have to see if I have some time this weekend.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:57 am

:O

well if you're starting from scratch....

I'd like to see:
-named states: State "idle" (you could still use numbers internally for speed)
-transitions as event strings:
+State Machine: go from "idle" to "running" on "run key pressed" (this action adds the transition)
+State Machine: process event "run key pressed" (this would trigger the previously added transition if the machine was in state "idle")
-detailed events: On State enter, Is in state, On state leave. These should be mutually exclusive, that is, only one of them will fire at any given time.

I realize I might be asking too much :P let me know if that's the case.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Your tutorials & example files