Dialogue System Template (Templates)

Discuss Scirra's 2D Asset Store

Post » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:24 pm

Good afternoon! I was able to tie it into the game, but I do not see the text and avatar. What am I doing wrong?
Please help me)
Thank you.
Image Image
Last edited by PRIZZRAK on Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S

Post » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:23 pm

Hi @PRIZZRAK,

Please refrain from posting links to capx containing the template, you can PM me with it instead.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:29 pm

Magistross wrote:Hi @PRIZZRAK,

Please refrain from posting links to capx containing the template, you can PM me with it instead.

Sorry.
I can not send you a private message (
B
S

Post » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:39 pm

I downloaded your file, so I was able to see what's wrong.

You are using a single dialogue JSON to load as a dictionary. Use the "Download dictionary" button of the utility instead, change the file in your capx and everything should start working as intended.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:48 pm

:(

I'm sorry I can not understand what exactly needs to be done. I would appreciate the corrected file, so it would be clearer to me ...
B
S

Post » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:51 pm

The utility has a button used to download the dictionary of all dialogues. Even if you have only one dialogue, you still need to use this button if you want to use the Dialogue_StartDialogue("DialogueName") syntax.

If you replace your JSON with this, it should work.

Code: Select all
{"c2dictionary":true,"data":{"Dialog_1":"{\"c2array\":true,\"size\":[4,7,1],\"data\":[[[\"Ffffffffff hhhh nnnnnnnnn sssssssssssssss rrrrrrrrrrrrrr\"],[1],[\"\"],[\"\"],[\"\"],[\"\"],[\"\"]],[[\"DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb dddddddddddddddddddddd\"],[1],[\"\"],[\"\"],[\"\"],[\"\"],[\"\"]],[[\"ttttttttttttttttttttt uuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!! \"],[1],[\"\"],[\"\"],[\"\"],[\"\"],[\"\"]],[[\"aaaaaaaaaaa qqqqqqqqqqqqqq tttttttttttttt nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn\"],[1],[\"\"],[\"\"],[\"\"],[\"\"],[\"\"]]]}"}}

You should also make sure you don't open multiple dialogues at once. I might add a new global to the template to facilitate this.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:55 pm

It seems to work, thanks! Tell me how to make sure that a certain dialogue was played once?
B
S

Post » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:01 pm

The easiest way would be to add a new global variable in the "DialogueEvents" sheet. This new variable should then be set to 1 at line 5 (right on the "Dialogue_StartDialogue" function trigger) and set to 0 on line 125 (on the "Dialogue_End" function trigger). It's also worth mentioning that those two specifics functions are the ideal place to hook some code of your own to disable and re-enable your movement behaviors.

It would then only be a matter of checking whether or not this variable is equal to 0 before triggering a new call to "Dialogue_StartDialogue" (Line 3 of your capx).
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:42 pm

Hi -- I just purchased this dialogue system for classroom use. Some of my students are writing dialogue-based games as their final project, and this seems like a very useful template.

Can anyone point me to some sort of tutorial or sample file which shows this template in action? I have been reading through the message thread, but the earlier posts seem incomplete and the more recent posts seem to assume that one has a fully functional dialogue system in place.

I don't need hand-holding, but any sort of installation instructions or big picture advice would be deeply appreciated.

Aaron
B

Post » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:56 pm

I noticed that there are some sample files in the early part of this message thread, and that's exactly the sort of thing I need to find. Unfortunately, those links are no longer functional.
B

PreviousNext

Return to Scirra Store