Did music break my game?

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:15 pm

I exported my game in HTML5 for testing and it plays fine on PC on chrome browser but when I open the same link on my mobile device it tries to load then crashes. It worked fine on mobile until I finished the music and added it, now nothing. Here's a link to the exported project, what did I do wrong? Any feedback is welcome. Thanks

Problem solved and link removed. Thank you.
Last edited by johnmaxfieldjr on Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
B
4
G
1
Posts: 6
Reputation: 713

Post » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:25 pm

how big are your music files? my browser told me something about it using 50mb. that seems pretty high.
B
86
S
43
G
71
Posts: 601
Reputation: 43,619

Post » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:18 pm

They aren't that big by themselves but there are 13 of them
B
4
G
1
Posts: 6
Reputation: 713

Post » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:23 pm

Well, if your project works on mobile without the music files, then that's your problem!

There's also the preload sounds setting which turning off sometimes helps these situations, but I haven't ever ran into that, so I don't really know much about it..

https://www.scirra.com/manual/183/memory-usage
Scroll about halfway down, there's an "Audio" section. maybe you'll find something there.
B
86
S
43
G
71
Posts: 601
Reputation: 43,619

Post » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:15 am

When construct imports a .wav it give you 2 files. An .mp4 and .ogg. I deleted the .ogg files and it loaded, sluggishly but it did load. Thanks for the help.
B
4
G
1
Posts: 6
Reputation: 713

Post » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:49 pm

I have the same problem. My game is only 50 mb. And there are only a couple of music tracks. Still it crashes, unless I use "dont preload sounds".
B
7
S
2
Posts: 68
Reputation: 645


Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lires and 1 guest