Did you pledge OUYA console?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Small pixel icons for the 3 most popular controller types.
  • I was thinking to pledge OUYA, we have 7 days left.

I'm not sure i would pledge OUYA console, i have some questions:

-Can run HTML5 apps?

-I know HTML5 apps can be converted into android apps, Does it run on OUYA console?

• We'll probably only know that long after the pledge time ends. Right now it's highly unlikely that it'll run HTML5 games. I mean run well, or even run at all. Run 50% for me is the same as nothing. So if you want to pledge with the idea to test C2 games on it you may be disappointed.

• We'll probably only know that long after the pledge time ends. Right now it's highly unlikely that it'll run HTML5 games. I mean run well, or even run at all. Run 50% for me is the same as nothing. So if you want to pledge with the idea to test C2 games on it you may be disappointed.

I've contacted to OUYA Team, let's wait their response about OUYA should to run HTML5 games.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I don't see any reason why Ludei and appMobi would not make their exporters work for the OUYA. It's already running android and has better hardware than a phone, so it shouldn't be much of a problem I think.

But please, keep us posted if you get an answer Joannesalfa!

• The OUYA runs Android, right? So presumably CocoonJS will work on it, and directCanvas for Android when it comes.

• Ashley yeah as far as i know it runs Android 4.0 ("Ice Cream Sandwich").

• Probably will run Jelly Bean+ when it�s launched.

Does Chrome for Android support webgl? If it does the performance in the OUYA should not be a problem in the time of launch.

• I have a nexus 7 and my game runnin in chrome is pretty not bad fps wise and my game is pretty intense it slows down on desktops too. Its unplayable on iphone 4 and 4s but Id say its pretty playable on android 4.1 in chrome

I know the nexus 7 is pretty beast for a mobile device but I dont know about the webgl support. I just know it runs my game decently well

• I think WebGL support is coming to Chrome for Android in the near future. It might even be released by the time OUYA is.

• But Not Worries , I am sure that it Will launch Exe , And Awesomium is Coming on C2 at 100 release

• I hope Awesomium guys implement the things dicussed here. But it appears that even if they accept to implement that it won't be ready on time for R100

• I don't see any reason why Ludei and appMobi would not make their exporters work for the OUYA. It's already running android and has better hardware than a phone, so it shouldn't be much of a problem I think.

But please, keep us posted if you get an answer Joannesalfa!

Still no reply :(

Do i keep sending messages?

• No response...

Would you recommend me to pledge OUYA? i'm only interesed to develop games.

• You're pretty much guaranteed for HTML5 games to work on Ouya, since they work well on Nexus 7 which is basically an Ouya in terms of hardware. Ouya is using a Android as well, so people that make android wrappers are almost certainly going to support it eventually.

• You're pretty much guaranteed for HTML5 games to work on Ouya, since they work well on Nexus 7 which is basically an Ouya in terms of hardware. Ouya is using a Android as well, so people that make android wrappers are almost certainly going to support it eventually.

Nice to read that, well i guess im going to pledge OUYA before 47 hours left.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)