Did you pledge OUYA console?

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:58 pm

I hope Awesomium guys implement the things dicussed here. But it appears that even if they accept to implement that it won't be ready on time for R100
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:34 pm

[QUOTE=Nimtrix] I don't see any reason why Ludei and appMobi would not make their exporters work for the OUYA. It's already running android and has better hardware than a phone, so it shouldn't be much of a problem I think.

But please, keep us posted if you get an answer @Joannesalfa![/QUOTE]

Still no reply :(

Do i keep sending messages?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:00 am

No response...

Would you recommend me to pledge OUYA? i'm only interesed to develop games.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:38 am

You're pretty much guaranteed for HTML5 games to work on Ouya, since they work well on Nexus 7 which is basically an Ouya in terms of hardware. Ouya is using a Android as well, so people that make android wrappers are almost certainly going to support it eventually.alspal2012-08-07 04:41:34
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:17 am

[QUOTE=alspal] You're pretty much guaranteed for HTML5 games to work on Ouya, since they work well on Nexus 7 which is basically an Ouya in terms of hardware. Ouya is using a Android as well, so people that make android wrappers are almost certainly going to support it eventually.[/QUOTE]

Nice to read that, well i guess im going to pledge OUYA before 47 hours left.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:42 pm

[QUOTE=Joannesalfa] [QUOTE=alspal] You're pretty much guaranteed for HTML5 games to work on Ouya, since they work well on Nexus 7 which is basically an Ouya in terms of hardware. Ouya is using a Android as well, so people that make android wrappers are almost certainly going to support it eventually.[/QUOTE]

Nice to read that, well i guess im going to pledge OUYA before 47 hours left.[/QUOTE]
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/08/02/why-the-oculus-rift-kickstarter-is-a-better-bet-than-ouya/
A not hyped opinion on the matter. ;]
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:57 pm

[QUOTE=sheepy] [QUOTE=Joannesalfa] [QUOTE=alspal] You're pretty much guaranteed for HTML5 games to work on Ouya, since they work well on Nexus 7 which is basically an Ouya in terms of hardware. Ouya is using a Android as well, so people that make android wrappers are almost certainly going to support it eventually.[/QUOTE]

Nice to read that, well i guess im going to pledge OUYA before 47 hours left.[/QUOTE]
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/08/02/why-the-oculus-rift-kickstarter-is-a-better-bet-than-ouya/
A not hyped opinion on the matter. ;][/QUOTE]

It's bad article because it's just an accessory, NOT a real console to develop and play games

Who would to pay one of the Forbes editor to write about OUYA is a destruction of video game industry? Of course they hate competence by Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, etc.

Forbes is just about the money than products and services.

Look, Why Oculus Rift is offering poster and T-Shirt if you cant afford Oculus device? yeah it's expensive and it's unassembled

Using headset may harm our health because it happened many times since old devices like virtual boy cause eye damage.

B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:08 am

I think the matter of the question is not the Oculus Rift but whose project is more capable of going to the end?
The Rift already has a working prototype, which a lot of big names in Game Design backing up.
The OUYA has some cool videos and 3d renders but Ive yet to see some hard cold data showing how they will be capable of delivering and they are a much more complicated product than the Rift. The partners they got are nice but it smells to me too much like free marketing ride from PR execs.
Dont take me wrong, I hope the OUYA succeeds, its a good idea, but the lack of information and the mistery surrounding their business plan doesnt make me confortable to invest money on them yet.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:36 am

[QUOTE=sheepy] I think the matter of the question is not the Oculus Rift but whose project is more capable of going to the end?
The Rift already has a working prototype, which a lot of big names in Game Design backing up.
The OUYA has some cool videos and 3d renders but Ive yet to see some hard cold data showing how they will be capable of delivering and they are a much more complicated product than the Rift. The partners they got are nice but it smells to me too much like free marketing ride from PR execs.
Dont take me wrong, I hope the OUYA succeeds, its a good idea, but the lack of information and the mistery surrounding their business plan doesnt make me confortable to invest money on them yet.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, OUYA has kind of philosophy of job is quite insane because OUYA would to fire one of the employees if employee's name is revealed at the public.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:46 pm

Im as excited as everybody else. One of the things you need to take into account when you are making games for TV screens is the fact that there are so many varieties of it. It can be a pain to develop for HD 50inch screens and tiny 30 year old screens. I wonder how they will solve this.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic