Differences of fps between Iphone 4 and Ipod 4?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:06 pm

Hello.
Sorry, i don't know where to ask that.

I just wanted to know if when you do a game, you will have the same results concerning the fps on an ipod 4 than an iPhone 4, cause the only difference i see between them is the ram, but i don't know if it has an influence on the FPS.
So if someone has both and has already made tests, i would be happy to know :).

I have an Ipod 4 to test my games, but not an iPhone 4.
On the Ipad 2, i'm in a constant 60 fps, but on the ipod 4, i'm Between 45 and 55.
So i just wanted to know if i have to expect people to have this rate of FPS on an iphone 4, or if my game will run faster.

Thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:17 am

Theoreticlly if your using delta time(which the behaviours do) there should be no difference. However, another person was able to prove that wasn't the case. I don't know the current situation as that was months ago. Personally I think this is a massive problem if that problem wasn't fixed.

My suggestion is to create a Unit test for jumping, and height measurement(it jump.y, jump.peak)on both your iPod4 and iPad2. If they have the same jump peak then no worries.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:42 am

Thanks for your answer, but i don't understand the "jump" part of it (maybe because of my english)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:30 pm

When the iPod 4th Gen was released it had the processing power of the iph4. Apple has almost with every device multiplied that. Which means that the iPhone 5 is almost 8 times as fast as the ipod touch. No doubt it'll lack fps
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General