[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1582: number_format() expects parameter 1 to be double, string given
Difficulty scale / system - Scirra Forums

Difficulty scale / system

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:17 am

Just my 2 cents/penneth worth.

How about a workshop type idea.

Say first working with loops - If people have the time they create a small examples of how loops can be used, nothing major, just real world examples of how loops could intergrate and slimline an event sheet. Same with INI files how you can read & write to them to store & retrieve values & strings. Hash Tables would be good, I know they are in the Adventure Game tutorial but something using them that is small scale, and don't have to delve to deep into the inner workings of something big-ish.

You know sort small examples that are quickish to make but can be easily inserted into a project. Maybe have them run for a week or 2 then a thread created with all the examples that where made as downloadable links.

I'm babbling know but thats what I'd like to seee and participate in.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:00 am

[quote="Minor":u8vqvp9w]Just my 2 cents/penneth worth.

How about a workshop type idea.

Say first working with loops - If people have the time they create a small examples of how loops can be used, nothing major, just real world examples of how loops could intergrate and slimline an event sheet. Same with INI files how you can read & write to them to store & retrieve values & strings. Hash Tables would be good, I know they are in the Adventure Game tutorial but something using them that is small scale, and don't have to delve to deep into the inner workings of something big-ish.

You know sort small examples that are quickish to make but can be easily inserted into a project. Maybe have them run for a week or 2 then a thread created with all the examples that where made as downloadable links.

I'm babbling know but thats what I'd like to seee and participate in.[/quote:u8vqvp9w]

Nono, that's a good idea and along the lines of what others might be up for (and like those 1 hour threads).

And there's an adventure game tutorial? Got a link? I wouldn't mind checking that out.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:44 am

B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:27 pm

[quote="Minor":12j4gzpq]Here you go.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4421[/quote:12j4gzpq]

Awesome, thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:25 pm

Just really comes down to laziness of the developers...ALL...and I do mean ALL...this talk could be eliminated if the Construct Program was properly documented from the Very beginning and along the way as it grew...not leaving it up to the users to figure out what is and isnt possible.

Of course newbees gonna Post question rather then search...that is natural...that is real life experience and intelligence or should I say conditioning. Especially if searching has proven a waste of time in the past. Ask someone that knows. Do you go to BEST BUY and search for the dilly-dad when you have no clue where it is or do you ask the employee? Ask for directions or wing it. Yes Im a retard but at least I KNOW Im a retard. There are many retards around here posing as knowledge-banks that ... ahh never mind you wouldnt understand anyway...bunch of retards. :wink:

USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST
Reason: Ignored repeated warnings to stop trolling the forum.
B
S

Post » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:07 pm

Wow. Seriously, stop for a second before hitting that post button and think about what you're saying for a sec before actually saying it.

Construct is a huge project VERY VERY GENEROUSLY made for free by two/three guys in their spare time. Calling them lazy is RIGHT OUT, and insulting the people on the forum is uncalled for as well. Knock it off, and learn some politeness. It'll get you a lot farther to be polite to people than to fling insults about them.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:13 pm

[quote="ME9876543":ngh7no64]Just really comes down to laziness of the developers[/quote:ngh7no64]

Congratulations, you're banned. I guess you just post too fast to read my warnings.

I recommend you take some time off before you come back, and think about the fact that Construct is a work in progress, and the developers are working for free in their spare time. The documentation is a community project that also happens to be a work in progress.

Jumping into the forum and running around like an asshole isn't going to get Construct or the documentation any closer to being complete. If you want to see things done, feel free to pitch in. But I recommend you change your attitude before you come back.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:27 pm

The louder they talk, the less they get done.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:41 pm

FoRuM gEtTiNg MeAn To NeWcOmErS lAtElY?

I'm telling you, this just further proves my hypothesis, on the subject ^^^.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:45 pm

Are you new? I feel like getting mean... :twisted:

Just kidding. Already done my share of meanness for the day.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion