Dino Buster (Android)

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Destroy all of the blocks as fast as you can or accept defeat!
  • New Screenshots (June 8, 2014):

[attachment=2:3tb02k85][/attachment:3tb02k85]

[attachment=1:3tb02k85][/attachment:3tb02k85]

[attachment=0:3tb02k85][/attachment:3tb02k85]

Just uploaded my game Dino Buster to the Google Play Store.

You may recognize some C2 bundled assets =)

Check it out and let me know what you think!

http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dinobuster.android

• I just got done playing a little. Here's what I thought.

What I liked:

I liked the back-flip fruit toss mechanic. At first it irritated me but when I figured it out, it was actually pretty funny.

I liked getting Trick-shots. I accidentally threw the pear almost straight up and when it hit and I got the message, it made me smile and I kept trying to do the same thing.

I liked the combo score feature. That is definitely 1 thing that would keep a player playing. Trying to get the best combo they can.

Things I didn't like:

The first few runs, I got eaten almost immediately because the jump flip toss functionality didn't completely make sense. Once I got used to it, it was fine though.

The biggest problem I had with the game (and the reason I uninstalled it after the few runs I did) was the graphics. Your caveman and t-rex are both a 2d, vector, paper-mation style, and they look just fine. In fact I really think they are what defines the game. However, you then placed them along side some objects that are full 3d rendered sprites (for example, the snail). These 2 types of graphics don't look/work well in the same type of scene. In fact they clash really bad. That however would not be too terrible if it weren't for the fact that the world you are running through is a completely different graphic style (2d painted sprites).

My suggestion would be to pick a single graphic style and stick to it. I know for the average user, this may not be an issue, but there are others like me who will not be able to bear the lack of unity in style to be able to enjoy the game play.

• I tried it as well and it runs smooth on my Sony Z1...also Screen fits good!

I really like the gameplay. Somehow unique and filled with good ideas. This has some potential, but needs to be tweaked here and there!

My critics are:

• google play login doesn´t work correctly (sometimes unclickable, then suddenly appears and makes the game screen stuck and flash )
    • didn´t find the practice mode from the video
    • music fits, but gets annoying after some playtime
    • agree with the art style. this papercrafted thing are really charming, i would stick to this style only
    • you definitely need a chewing dinosaur animation when you got eaten
    • perhaps some different fruits with different powers

i like the stealing bee a lot btw

This sounds worse than it is man! Really a cool game mechanic and a charming idea Just want to give some advice!

Keep up the good work!

• Thanks guys, I really appreciate the great input so far!

I never even thought about the inconsistencies in the graphics/artwork! That is something I will work on right away (along with the other suggestions).

I think the Google Play login problem is the other big issue atm... I am currently working on a fix for the jittery/flashy screen when the game attempts to login or access Leaderboards/Achievements.

Once I get these things done and uploaded, I will let you guys know!

Cheers,

=)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Amazing, I liked it and it works great.

• shane congratulation for you game. i have played and enjoyed it !!!! cool ,,, keep it up.

• Hey, it took me a little longer than expected to get these changes done, but here they are!

1. Sprite artwork for the snail, bee, and pear (to match the style of the caveman and t-rex).

2. Fixed the jittery screen that occurs when signing-in to Google Play Games.

3. Added an animation for the caveman and t-rex on the game over screen.

4. Cleaner looking menu buttons.

If you have an Android device and want to check it out, here's the link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... er.android

Screenshot of bee/snail/pear artwork (newer is on top):

[attachment=0:khza99d0]compare.png[/attachment:khza99d0]

Thanks again for the feedback so far! My eyes and ears are always open =)

• Just finished a pretty big makeover of the game (in my opinion anyway lol). Here are a couple new screeners for the start and end of the game. I used some of the goodies from the new C2 asset pack, too.

Link to game in Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dinobuster.android

[attachment=1:1ebiybec][/attachment:1ebiybec]

[attachment=0:1ebiybec][/attachment:1ebiybec]

Thanks =)

• Cute Graphics!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)