direct canvas not loading in app mobi

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Pixel Destruction like in "Worms" (Drawing Canvas based)
  • Hey tere im trying to develop a game for use on a phone wile uploading through direct canvas i get a black screen when loading the gameplay but using it through phone browser its working fine what am i doing something wrong or is this a known issue?

• Are you using any third party plugins?

• no extra plugins so far just what construct came with

--

also phone gap isnt working when i export for phone gap and when i upload the game through that it tels me im missing the phone gap api script and i need to plug it into my html file so i did but it keeps saying that its missing and i went and checked the script and its there is there any other files then the index that i need to put that script into

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • whats the best way to post it?

also is there a way of editing weather it should be done in portrait only or landscape only while exporting to app mobi?

• how do i add the capx file onto the forum here?

• you need to upload somewhere (Dropbox as an example) and post the link here.

• like i said im usingconstruct2 stable release aswell as r99

i use direct canvas an get a blank screen when i upload to my phone but it works on the xdk in the browser on app mobi in chrome. but it works with phone browser.

Then i use phone gap and im told its missing the api files so i put them in and it still telling me im missing the api script import...

Here is the bare bones file with minimal events so its easy to sift through please let me know how to fix this i wouuld love to make lots of games for phones with html5 so hopefully we can sort out the isuue on this one

drop box file

• I'm getting the same issue - in the console I get the following errors:

Uncaught directCanvas error: document.addEventListener is not available in directCanvas canvas.html:401

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'width' of null :58888/cow_trix_hotmail_com.rooftoprunner/3.4.0/c2runtime.js:1039

Following these breadcrumbs, I think there are two problems: some plugin is trying to use the 'addEventListener' function, which isn't supported; and (specifically in the Construct2.js file), the following piece of code:

if (this.isDirectCanvas)

{

this.ctx.width = w;

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'width' of null (repeated 2 times)

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'width' of null

this.ctx.height = h;

}

gets passed an null variable.

• hey looks like im not the only one with this bug what can i do to fix it?

• I'm having the problem too. I don't know if it helps, but after not using the XDK for a couple of weeks, when I started it today it seemed to do some sort of updating that I hadn't seen before, and now even games that used to work don't work in the emulator. The previously uploaded games that worked in Test Anywhere on my ipad still work.

• We made a lot of changes for directCanvas in r100. I think the best thing to do would be to wait for r100 to be released then try again.

• I just tried and it works OK in directCanvas with the dev build of r100 I have here. I'm going to close this for now but let me know if you have any more trouble after r100 comes out.

• ok cool just wondering what appmobi dosnt support i know buttons definitely wont show up in direct canvas then in phone browser they show up but look like text and there clickable is there anything esle other then buttons that direct canvas dosnt support?

• The list of unsupported features is documented in how to export to appMobi with directCanvas.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)