Directional Movement Forwards and Backwards

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Easy jumping mechanic with 8 direction behaviour. 9 EVENTS
  • So this has ben driving me nuts. Essentially, I want movement with these properties:

W - Moves player in direction player is facing using steps of acceleration until key release

S - Moves player in opposite direction player is facing using steps of acceleration until key release

A - Changes both direction of motion and angle of player identically counter-clockwise

D - Changes both direction of motion and angle of player identically clockwise

What has driven me crazy is that when I attempt to implement all of these features, they do not work.

For instance, I can easily make the custom asteroids movement to go in reverse as well of forwards, but once I change the angle of motion so that direction of the speed is changed to be equal to the player direction, I suddenly cannot make it go in reverse.

I've tried custom movement, platform movement without gravity, car movement, and 8 direction movement.

8 direction would work nicely if the direction of movement could be edited, which, for some reason unbeknownst to me, cannot be.

Custom movement would work but for the example above it simply refuses to work cooperatively using angle of motion.

Car movement for whatever reason does not allow turns with 0 speed. This needs to be changed.

Are there any other ways to make this work or should I just start working on a gritty version without bothering with movement plugins?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Deleted for duplication

• Exactly! Thank you!

How come these simple movements can't be added by default plugins? I've seen other questions on the forum which had the same question(s) as me.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)