Disappearing text when publishing to Android

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:44 am

I've been having a strange problem when publishing my game for Android with XDK / Crosswalk.

Everything seems fine except a couple of text labels on my main page don't show up. They do in the emulator but once I compile and download to my device they go away.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this and what it might be. The font is Arial Narrow / 28 which I use many other places without a problem. Anyone have any idea why this might happen?
B
4
Posts: 17
Reputation: 259

Post » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:32 am

This is a known issue when exporting via Crosswalk or Cocoon or stuff.

Also using "normal" textobjects causes weaker performance.
Just use Spritefont instead and everything will be fine :)
B
44
S
11
G
11
Posts: 1,154
Reputation: 9,988

Post » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:01 pm

Thanks! I will use spritefonts from now on to avoid this.

BTW, I managed to find a possible reason for the problem. If any part of a text box overlaps any part of another text box, it seems like it makes one of them invisible. I managed to fix my problem by getting rid of overlaps. But if spritefonts give better performance, that's reason enough to use them.
B
4
Posts: 17
Reputation: 259


Return to Construct 2 General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests