[Discontinued] Admob Ads for Android/Crosswalk/iOS

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
StartApp Ads
$11.99 USD
[ C2 ] [ C3 ] support C3 build service | You can use Banner Ads, Interstitial Ads and Video Reward Ads.
  • This plugin has been discontinued, please see official plugin.

• You are awesome! I'm implementing this into my game now, I have been trying to get interstitial ads to work for a couple days now and was only successful in getting banner ads to work.

UPDATE: Works perfectly on my device, thank you so much! Also, I really enjoy your game.

• Thanks for plugin!

• Hi,

Thank you but for some reason these ads don't display in my app.

I'm putting 'create fullscreen ad' and 'show fullscreen ad' in 'on start of layout' but it does nothing.

• pirx You need to wait for the ad to be created, it takes some time so you can not put "show" in the layout start.

Create a "On Create full screen Ad successful" event and put the "Show full screen Ad" action there, that is the earliest possible time to active the ad.

• Hi!

nvm found out! So I decided to turn this into a noob tutorial for all the others who might get stuck.

1. Download the AdMob FE addon. It should be a file with the ending ".c2addon"

2. Open Construct 2

3. Drag and drop the .c2addon into Construct 2. It will now prompt you to install it.

4. If you approve the install, you must restart Construct 2 before the addon becomes available.

5. Open your project. Go to the layout where you want to insert the ad.

6. Double click anywhere on the layout. A windows shows up. The new addon is under "Frosty Elk"

7. Go to the event sheet of the layout where the interstitial ad will show. Click "add event" and select Admob FE.

8. "Create full screen Ad".

4. Now read the rest of the original post.

*Hmm... the ad won't really load. I set my app to go to the next layout once the interstitial ad loaded. But, it is stuck because it won't load. Followed all the instructions.

• Clarification needed:

Do I create the AD once and then show it multiple times or do I create an AD every time I want to show it?

• Oh buy i'm so freaking happy i found this! Trying it out right now, yet i do have a question, is there anyway banner ads can be added?

Thanks in advance. If this works your the man!

• Allardje You can use this plugin It works fine for both type of ads.

pirx You should create it at the beginning of the layout, then show it when it's appropriate if I'm not mistaken?

• alvarop Which one? Is it the payed one? Phonegap Admob?

• Yes. When I downloaded it you didn't have to pay. I didn't mean to redirect you to a paid product, sorry. (It does, however, work just fine). I am not affiliated to the developer, even though I support him and like his work.

• Emu You can use the events "On Create full screen Ad successful" and "On Create full screen Ad failed" to make sure you actually managed to create the ad.

When you know the ad is created successfully you do action "Show full screen Ad" and once again check with events "On show full screen Ad successful" and "On show full screen Ad failed" to make sure it was shown successfully.

Wait for the user to dismiss the ad in event "On dismiss full screen Ad" then goto the next layout.

If nothing works there is also a possibility that the Cordova plugin failed to load. You can add a check for that with event "Is ready" before doing a "Create.."

• Allardje This is one of several plugins that I have developed specifically for our games and so far I have only put in functions that we need in the game.

But maybe we need banner ads in the future and then I will update the plugin

• Thank you Arne. I think the Crosswalk plugin for XDK is not working for me. I only installed the Crosswalk one. Do I need both?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Emu When you say "is not working" what part do you refer to, "Is Ready", "Create" or "Show"? You should only use one of the Cordova plugins at a time. If you add both plugins the Crosswalk build will not work.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)