[Discontinued] Admob Ads for Android/Crosswalk/iOS

Post your work in progress addons and get feedback

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:27 pm

Yes. When I downloaded it you didn't have to pay. I didn't mean to redirect you to a paid product, sorry. (It does, however, work just fine). I am not affiliated to the developer, even though I support him and like his work.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:21 pm

@Emu You can use the events "On Create full screen Ad successful" and "On Create full screen Ad failed" to make sure you actually managed to create the ad.

When you know the ad is created successfully you do action "Show full screen Ad" and once again check with events "On show full screen Ad successful" and "On show full screen Ad failed" to make sure it was shown successfully.

Wait for the user to dismiss the ad in event "On dismiss full screen Ad" then goto the next layout.

If nothing works there is also a possibility that the Cordova plugin failed to load. You can add a check for that with event "Is ready" before doing a "Create.."
B
S

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:37 pm

@Allardje This is one of several plugins that I have developed specifically for our games and so far I have only put in functions that we need in the game.

But maybe we need banner ads in the future and then I will update the plugin :)
B
S

Post » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:59 am

Thank you Arne. I think the Crosswalk plugin for XDK is not working for me. I only installed the Crosswalk one. Do I need both?
B
S

Post » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:28 am

@Emu When you say "is not working" what part do you refer to, "Is Ready", "Create" or "Show"? You should only use one of the Cordova plugins at a time. If you add both plugins the Crosswalk build will not work.
B
S

Post » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:26 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure where the problem lies but I get a lot of impressions of the ad but no clicks.
Right now I have like 400 impressions total and 0 clicks. That is suspicious.

I also seem to be earning some money on those impressions but still, where are the clicks??

Any experiences or ideas on why would that be would be appreciated

[edit] Ahh NEVERMIND. I was looking at the wrong section of the AdMob UI. Everything works great!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:46 pm

Why have I got 21 requests but only 7 views? and 100% fill rate... do I anythink wrong? It is very bad i think...
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:20 pm

@Raiper341 Just checked ours and we got 88 request and 59 views with 100% fill for a period so yours is abit low. No idea what could be wrong but one thing might be like I said to Emu, check for "On Create full screen Ad successful" so that the ad is successfully created before doing a "Show".
B
S

Post » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:25 am

pirx wrote:Hi,

I'm not sure where the problem lies but I get a lot of impressions of the ad but no clicks.
Right now I have like 400 impressions total and 0 clicks. That is suspicious.

I also seem to be earning some money on those impressions but still, where are the clicks??

Any experiences or ideas on why would that be would be appreciated

[edit] Ahh NEVERMIND. I was looking at the wrong section of the AdMob UI. Everything works great!

So how much click ratio are you getting now?
Krish
Hey! Did you know that you can hire me to make your games?

Click Here to See More
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:58 am

Let me see... so far I have about 1,5% click ratio. I've got some 2500 impressions and about 40 clicks.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Work in Progress Addons