[Discontinued] Admob Ads for Android/Crosswalk/iOS

Post your work in progress addons and get feedback

Post » Sat May 09, 2015 9:55 am

If you are building with Intel XDK and use a Cordova version higher than 4.0.0 the free version (com.rjfun.cordova.plugin.admob) will fail to build. Issue ticket: https://github.com/floatinghotpot/cordo ... issues/186

Solution according to the ticket is to use the "Pro" version (com.google.cordova.admob) instead.
B
S

Post » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:54 pm

Can anyone provide a noob step-by-step guide how can I implement full screen ads with this on ios app?

I added my ad codes, exported to cordova, compiled with phonegap cli and then xcode, but it shows "admob not ready" when I launch .ipa on my phone. Should I add something to phonegap project xml?
B
S

Post » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:45 pm

Did you add the Cordova plugin?
cordova plugin add com.google.cordova.admob
B
S

Post » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:05 am

@Arne

i managed to get it to work! Through XDK. Now the problem is, my game stutters when the banner is "created".

Like just stops for a second or two. That is extremely annoying. Is there a way to get around this?
B
S

Post » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:26 pm

@tavi - i know this thread is old, but the ideal way to resolve that is to load the banner (but keep it invisible) at the beginning of your game, then when you are ready to show it, you simply make it visible. thus hiding the chugging.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Work in Progress Addons