[Discontinued] Admob Ads for Android/Crosswalk/iOS

Post your work in progress addons and get feedback

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:35 pm

Arne wrote:
goodwill295 wrote:Interstitial ad always fails to be received, I even tried using the provided capx(with test ads turned off), the latest plugin (helloadmob8), and both free 3rd party plugins (rjfun latest and release).

Interstitial ads work with the original "com.google.admob" (except for on interstitial dismissed event) but banners do not, so i'll just continue to use that one.

What I know of, nothing related to this has been changed in the plugins lately. Need to check what the actual result is from the Admob calls.

I can't get my ad either. I'm just trying for one interstitial but no go.

I get "AdMob Ready", and "Create full screen ad successful" but then "On interstitial ad failed to receive" :( It then reports "Show full screen Ad successful" but that always seems to be the case.

I can get the test interstitial ad just fine.

Any ideas?? Desperately trying to publish my app and this is the only hold up.. Thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:31 pm

OWStimpson wrote:Are there any plans to add windows phone support to this plugin? I can create windows phone ad units on admob, so it would be nice to be able to use a single plugin for all my advertising.

Try and build with the com.rjfun.cordova.plugin.admob for WP, there is code for WP in the plugin. It might work, never tried it, we don't have any windows phones.
B
S

Post » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:34 pm

@codah Have you updated to the latest version 0.0.0.9 of the plugin?
B
S

Post » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:26 pm

Arne wrote:@codah Have you updated to the latest version 0.0.0.9 of the plugin?

Maybe... :roll: will check.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:43 pm

codah wrote:
Arne wrote:@codah Have you updated to the latest version 0.0.0.9 of the plugin?

Maybe... :roll: will check.

edit: working now, thank you. I missed the update..
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:21 pm

Construct 2 Release r180
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:11 pm

How do I get banner ads to overlay my app rather than force itself under or above it, thus resizing the app?

HelloAdmob doesn't hold many clues. For example I've found the only way I could get a banner below my app was to use "bottom left" instead of bottom. HelloAdmob has the same issues. Create at XY doesn't seem to work.

Please help :)

PS: would love a demo with actual 'real life' workflow, i.e. best practices for displaying banners and interstitials.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:57 pm

@codah The free/open version of the cordova plugin is very limited for banners. The "Pro" version has a lot more functionality.

However, now that the official support for Admob has arrived we need to rethink the future of this plugin.
B
S

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:15 am

I've tested the official Admob plugin and can confirm that both Interstitial and banner ads work like a dream. I have a little bit of slow down in my game when banner ads pop in and when I hide it, but nothing to cry about. I have a question though. I'm now ready to upload my first game to the play store. Do I still have to sign the APK and go through all that stuff? I see there is a "Signed" tick box in the Intel XDK. Does this do it for you?
B
S

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:59 am

dcadjust wrote:I've tested the official Admob plugin and can confirm that both Interstitial and banner ads work like a dream. I have a little bit of slow down in my game when banner ads pop in and when I hide it, but nothing to cry about. I have a question though. I'm now ready to upload my first game to the play store. Do I still have to sign the APK and go through all that stuff? I see there is a "Signed" tick box in the Intel XDK. Does this do it for you?

Sounds cool but have you seen the topics relating to the plugin?

Your app must be signed either by ticking that box and having XDK do it for you, or doing it yourself with the jarsign tool and zipalign. What is the other stuff?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Work in Progress Addons