[Discontinued] Rabbit's Adventures

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:11 pm

Pitch

Rabbit's Adventures (temporary name) is a platform/infiltration game built for tablets and desktop. It tells the story of a young rabbit whose daily life consists of relentlessly saving a princess, without ever getting a well-deserved kiss. Someday though, he discovers that the world he lives in was set-up, bound by carefully painted cardboard walls…

ImageImage

Current state of development

03/03 to 03/09 : This week, we implemented fluid realtime animations with the spriter plugin. I'm working on the UI and tutorial assets as well, as those are missing in order to release a quick demo of the game. Next up are the 12 levels of the game's second environment, and roughing out the level's ending animations.

More about the game

The game is developped and optimized for iphone5+, tablets and PC/mac/linux using Construct 2.
The development started during summer 2013. It was paused in order for us to focus on smaller projects, but also waiting for a couple of updates (tilemaps and spriter primarily). It started back mid February 2014.

The game was created by the Resonant Craft team. We develop html5 games for mobile and desktop platforms. 3 persons are participating to the project :
- Florian Dematraz (Nemega) : developpement
- Jonathan Lefèvre (Kazemushi) : sound design
- Nathan Lovato (Valerien) : art, music and level design

Last words

Please don't hesitate to ask me anything about the development !
Thank you for reading,
Nathan
Last edited by Valerien on Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:03 pm

Cute graphics ;p
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:20 pm

Thanks hmental ;)

I'm making a short update today, as I'd like to establish a weekly update cycle on Sundays. This week, extended our initial planning to know what's needed in order to introduce the project to potential publishing partners. I'm also digging the possibilities offered by spriter, starting with animated UI and unlockable skins. I'm finally, as always, working on all kinds of assets and docs. I'll cover a bit more on that on Sunday ;).

Here's a glimpse of world 2, which contains 2 sub-environments - Underground mines/tunnels and some depots :

Cheers,
Nathan
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:21 am

Sunday update - 03/16/2014

This week has been busy doing all sorts of crap. Let's not waste too much time, here come some pictures :
- Reviewed character skins

- Level select menu

This week, I'll be :
1- finishing the structure of world 2 levels
2- adding a fair dozen of anim
3- adding the princess and piggy earl, two key characters
4- finishing the first batch of tutorial/settings related assets (xbox, keyboard and touch buttons/action assets)
5- And even more !

See you soon !
Nathan
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:40 am

Looking pretty cool...waiting for the demo ;-)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:07 pm

Nice gfx!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:19 am

Hey everyone,

Thank you for the feedback guys :) !

This week, well... I started like a rocket, working intensively for a couple days, only to hit a wall on Friday and finish it in a snarly mood. The main thing that was done here was the reviewed animated skins, with a fair amount of brand new animations !

This is also an occasion to show you the core mechanic of the game : the mask. The player can use this one in order to hide himself from the most stupid guards. This game's levels and enigmas revolve quite a bit around that sort of things.

The load of tasks to accomplish felt truly heavy, so this week I'll take care of previous week's backlog.
Last edited by Valerien on Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:44 am

Really like the graphic style of the game! Can't wait to give it a try :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:17 am

Wow! Amazing graphics, good job.
1 Tip, flying carrots does not look unique. Everybody does that. Plant the carrots and let the rabbit push them out when he is on top of it like super mario 2.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:46 pm

cute game !!!! love to play this game!!!! waiting ...
B
S
G

Next

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests