I was using xcode on a Mac to compile for iOS. The fps numbers in your reply are what I'm seeing.
I did some testing with the CocoonJS Launcher app and seen improvement in speed. But unfortunately I've went from 3-4 fps to 14-20 fps, which is still to slow to be playable.
This isn't the first game I've ever created, and don't think I'm doing anything unusual. I guess the first game I ever modded was Doom running under Dos. Back when Windows was just a business program that you started from the command prompt.
I've tried to keep everything optimized, graphics, audio, and code. My current Cocoon export is around 8 megabytes.
Updated info below!!! 12-9-2012Thunder2012-12-10 05:55:57