distorted sprite (ghost tutorial)

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Carousel Animation, make carousel of you image gallery or anything
  • Hi everyone,

I tried to search as solution but to no avail. I'm very new to Construct, and started the ghost shooter tutorial. I've a strange issue with the Player sprite, after I make any kind of change or save, it goes distorted. Replacing the file didn't solve it, although using a different image like the enemy sprite is fine. I'm running a n i5 quadcore with GTX-460 graphics card with updated drivers.

Here's a link to the screencap http://img840.imageshack.us/f/playerdistort.jpg/

Thanks for your time!

• I'm having this same issue, only not in the Ghost Shooter tutorial, but in my own game. Everything's been running great until a few days ago when I was putting a new sprite into my game and after editing the image it looked exactly like the OP's screen shot.

The same thing happens to the layer thumbnails on the right hand side of my screen and the little animation frames in the image editor. Hopefully there's a solution to this problem kicking around!

• Some video cards have issues rendering images that aren't divisible by 2, just resize the image in the image editor. The player sprite probably has an odd dimension.

Example: 32x32 or 160x8 will work fine, but 31x32 or 159x7 will look distorted.

• Looks like a graphics card driver bug. Are you using up-to-date drivers for your graphics card?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I tried resizing the image, but it still gets distorted when I put it into the game. Also, my video card driver is up-to-date.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t208 ... reenie.jpg

Here's a screen shot of what I'm experiencing. The blood splat graphic is distorted, as well as the thumbnail image of the layer over on the right.

• I'm having issues when running photoshop parallel. Never had distorted sprites though, but crashes that don't occur if I start the computer and use Construct without running photoshop. It wasn't enough to just exit photoshop, it needed to be not started at all.

I mention it because there's photoshop running in your screenshot, but probably this is not related to your problem.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)