Do I have an accent?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
  • Hello, guys.

Please listen to this record of my speech.

Tell me, do I have an accent? If so, how terrible is it? Try to guess where I am from without reading my other posts.

My friends from London tell me that I have a perfect british pronunciation and there is no way to distinguish me from a native speaker. Is that true?

• Its pretty thick.

Not terrible, but it definitely needs some enunciation on some words.

Events sounds like evants, etc.

• newt thank you!

I have noticed that you are from USA.

Please tell me, do I sound like British? Or like Indian? Or may be like Russian?

• Maybe a bit Russian.

I would say Germanic.

• Come on, guys! I need more opinions. Your answers will help me to improve my english!

• I would guess northern European, definitely not British (I'm a Brit). Sometimes it sounded a bit French, others Scandinavian. Am I close?

• Not Scandinavian. I'd guess French. Yep, good English but there's an accent there.

• mekonbekon

Yes, you are close, thank you

ErekT

Good guess, thank you, too

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think your English is good enough. As for the pronounciation, yes, there is an accent there, but it is hard to speak without it if English is not your native language. I guess, the best way to get rid of it is to live in one of the English-speaking country and speak only in English. Why do you worry about your pronounciation?

• I think your English is good enough. As for the pronounciation, yes, there is an accent there, but it is hard to speak without it if English is not your native language. I guess, the best way to get rid of it is to live in one of the English-speaking country and speak only in English. Why do you worry about your pronounciation?

Why worry?

So he can better sell his product. It's something legitimate professionals do.

Unlike a marketing rep making one spam post and then a bunch of crap posts to attempt to make all submissions look legitimate.

But you wouldn't know anything about that Lisa999 would you?

• lisa, thank you, I am glad to hear this!

Yes, newt is absolutly right about my motivation of improving my english.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)