do you want export to unity?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:07 am

mahdi71 wrote:hi,
since scirra don't do anything about a fine export to android ! (crosswalk really slow and in the cocoonjs we can't make are own plugin like i need to make IAP for another market or ...)
i saw the c2 project files and i can make a compiler which get c2 project file and make a unity package so you can change your game in unity and add other assets and stuf ! (so you can make a unity game but with c2 ! :o )
but i want to know how many developer like to buy it ? (i will get money for each compile) i want to sure about that first because it will get so much of my time so if you want it post in this forum and say how many game you export each month (its not free and its online and i get money for each export to avoid cracking ! )
and i want to know scirra fine with it ?

Sounds like an interesting idea. But not really sure I understand what you want to do? You want to make it so a C2 project can be exported and use the Unity engine? or do you mean that you can create a project in C2 export it and then the changes are updated in Unity? And do you mean just the 2D part of Unity or also the 3D part?

Have you made a prototype of something that shows how it would work or maybe a feature list of what the final project will result in and what you believe is possible and not? Because I think you will have a hard time getting any useful feedback from C2 users about how many exports etc they expect each month, if they are not really sure what the exporter is capable of and can be used for. For me the 3D part of Unity is what interest me, rest of Unity im not that fond of, as it seems a bit messy to work with and to much coding for my taste, that's what I like about C2 you can work very fast in it, which is important when you are working alone on something.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:35 am

Billy Bleeks wrote:@Ludei Have you got around to letting us remove permissions on our android games? This is a big one for us as many players are turned off by a long list of permissions we dont use. Cheers

In the new cloud, you can. In fact, we don't set any permission by default.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:48 pm

Nice! Does the new cloud still support canvas+ ? If yes, where can i get a key for beta access? Thanks
ImageImage
B
S

Post » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:00 pm

Of course it supports Canvas+.
Request an invitation and you will receive it in a couple of days.

http://cocoon.io/

Remember it is still a beta.

Regards
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:15 pm

I'll believe it when I see it. But i don't see how this would work? convert your capx to a unity project?
Follow my progress on Twitter
or in this thread Archer Devlog
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:23 pm

@tunepunk
believe it ?!! i just ask if this thing exists you like to pay to use it ?
if i get a good number i will make a demo to show users
@Ludei
Canvas+ is good but in new cocoon.io it will support multiplayer ?! other languegs ? can i see a document of what its support ?
@nimos100
it will get capx and give you a unity package.
for now i just know i can make event sheets to c# script but i will look at other things (like layers and scenes) and let you know here
B
S

Post » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:49 am

That's not a bad idea. However the large appeal for C2 isn't just the CAPX, or the IDE. It's that the C2 has a very robust Game Library. In fact the C2Lib for games far exceeds what you get with Unity. Realistically i could sit down and take the XML files and use that build scenes/packages/objects in Unity. I could also translate the EventSheet into it's own classes. But again where we leave off is the library. Platform, Solid, Physics...

If I were to address C2 Plugins. Should I go and translate Sprite to SpriteRenderer? Do I move the Animations to Mecanim? Do I instead try to shim HTML5 JS into C# or do we just shim the basic controls. Done by manually mapping functions over the Unity. Once in Unity the project loses the benefit of the Event Sheet and the link to C2. So any changes done in Unity can't go back to C2.

If you can find an elegant solution to C2 library with 100% support of C2 vanilla library. I would certainly look into paying.

To be honest in all of this. I think relying on HTML5 JS reference was a bad design plan. An engine like C2 would have been better off using their own abstract class. That way there is minimum reliance on the Browser technologies. And that's where this will ends up. C2 is chained to the browser for full features.

However I offer good luck.... and my money if you succeed
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:58 am

i highly doubt this will work.. i mean it could, maybe. but its a huge task to convert everything for unity. its pretty different.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:05 am

@mahdi71 well if you can pull it off, i'll pay for a service like that.
Follow my progress on Twitter
or in this thread Archer Devlog
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:43 am

What would be sad is if after doing all the work its slower than vanilla C2, or that it would need Flash to run in or browser.
I assume the greatest advantage would be to get away from having to use Nwjs to get a standalone for Windows?
Too bad there's nothing in the works that would solve that easily.....
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General