Dodge.run - Multiplayer endless runner

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share with you my first project using Construct 2. I did this in about a week after experimenting with C2. I'm normally a Unity dev but I really believe HTML5 is the future so I wanted to get into the field.

The game is called Dodge.run and it is an endless runner similar to the one in the demo but made multiplayer with up to 10 people. Every round has a different Type ranging from Moving Blocks to Meteor Showers.

Servers are dedicated and based in Germany so I'm not sure how well it will run for people in US. It's called Dodge.run and can be played by going to http://dodge.run/.

I would greatly appreciate if you try it out and tell me how the experience and network quality was for you. Please remember that servers can crash at the moment.

Also if anyone has specific marketing experience and can give me some pointers on how to make the game more known or would like to partner I would greatly appreciate it. To play just head over to http://dodge.run/.

• Don't know if it's my connection, but it's pretty laggy - about half a second between jump command and jump. Would prefer some 'lag maps' you can choose as a user which are for bad connections and are pretty easy to do so the game can last more than one or two platforms.

• Don't know if it's my connection, but it's pretty laggy - about half a second between jump command and jump. Would prefer some 'lag maps' you can choose as a user which are for bad connections and are pretty easy to do so the game can last more than one or two platforms.

Hi Callan,

Thanks so much for trying out the game. Can you tell me where your location is? Also, what are lag maps? I've never heard the term before.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm in Australia. As said lag maps would just be much easier maps to play for people who lag. Or people who are bad at platforming! lol!

• Tried to play and it said "All servers are full"

• I'm in Australia. As said lag maps would just be much easier maps to play for people who lag. Or people who are bad at platforming! lol!

Ah that's the reason then. Servers are in Europe only currently so playing outside the EU will encounter lag for sure.

Tried to play and it said "All servers are full"

Yeah that was an issue with the servers crashing. Try now it should be fixed.

• Played for a minute. The controls seem pretty sluggish making it frustrating when failing because of it. Also not clear if you only jump or if other buttons (like arrows) do anything.

• Played for a minute. The controls seem pretty sluggish making it frustrating when failing because of it. Also not clear if you only jump or if other buttons (like arrows) do anything.

Thanks for playing. Can you tell me what your location is?

• United States.

I read your comment to others how it may lag depending on location. I still wanted to give my honest feedback. You may want to put a warning on the post if that is true. Or maybe make a non-multiplayer version? (if it is connecting to multiple people at once - I only saw myself).

My comments were intended to be helpful, not hateful. As a Construct user myself I can tell how much work must have already been put into this project.

• United States.

I read your comment to others how it may lag depending on location. I still wanted to give my honest feedback. You may want to put a warning on the post if that is true. Or maybe make a non-multiplayer version? (if it is connecting to multiple people at once - I only saw myself).

My comments were intended to be helpful, not hateful. As a Construct user myself I can tell how much work must have already been put into this project.

Ah, that's the reason then. Currently only people in Europe will be able to play with little lag due to the distance between them and the server. Depending on players we'll be starting a US server soon. Yeah it's multiplayer and that's the whole point, otherwise it would be a normal platformer.

Why would I think your comments were hateful? On the contrary they're appreciated . And actually this was done in about a week, looking to make more multiplayer games now.

• Why would I think your comments were hateful? On the contrary they're appreciated . And actually this was done in about a week, looking to make more multiplayer games now.

I just had someone else get super-defensive when asking a question about their game. Glad you are more receptive. Wanted to clarify I wasn't being a hater.

• I like it! I like the idea for the different rounds, Gravity Flip is fun

I'm getting bad lag too, in the UK :/ Sometimes the game eats jump input as well, esp. on double jumps, making some of the high platforms occasionally impossible. I assume this is lag-related...

EDIT: Also I'm sure that sometimes when the game spawns a really low platform followed by a really high platform the jump becomes impossible, even with double-jump.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)