Does Every X second reset when Changing layout?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri May 24, 2013 6:58 pm

Hello,

I have a game where some items are spawned Every X second in Game Layout so there is equal distance between certain moving objects, I also have Menu Layout.

So when I go to Menu Layout and Return to Game Layout, some time I get first Spawning at wrong times, it looks as though Layout is remembering last Every X second time and finishing it for first spawning.

I'm trying to debug if some of my other conditions are messing with it, but I wanted to confirm how Every X Seconds worked
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 24, 2013 8:41 pm

No it doesn't reset. It's based on the game timer that starts when the game starts.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:23 am

How do I stop it I have a similar problem. When my player dies the clock keeps counting so when I play another round I have 30 spawns already on the board when it should start with none and get harder.

Is there a way to make every X Second reset to "0" each time you start that layout?

Sorry to cut in,

Thanks
Check out my latest game RAPID-TAPIT. Get your Fingercise on with this one. A steady Tap is all you need to score points. Lift a finger and see what you can do...

ALLMarkMade Designs
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:43 am

@ALLMarkMade

just use a variable instead of the every x seconds trigger.

EDIT: or play around with the "Timer" behaviour.philx2013-11-23 10:45:51
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:52 pm

@philx. Thank you for your response, but I have played with the variables and I just can't figure out how to make it work. I'm still learning and I don't mind putting in the work but I'm going in circles trying to figure this out.

Can you please better explain to me how to do that?

Thanks
Check out my latest game RAPID-TAPIT. Get your Fingercise on with this one. A steady Tap is all you need to score points. Lift a finger and see what you can do...

ALLMarkMade Designs
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?